Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Help setting up inbound direct SIP calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BigB, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigB

Hi

I am attempting to set up inbound direct sip calls. I have read the WIKI and whatever I can find on this subject but I cannot get calls through to my PBX. My domain name is register with namecheap and so I am attempting to complete direct sip by adjusting my domain records. My router has a static IP address. I will call it 12.34.56.78. Port 5060 is set up to forward calls to my 3CX PBX IP address. My setup works fine with my usual voip provider.

In 3CX advanced setting I have added "sip.mydomain.co.uk" for my local sip domain.

So far I have added the following to the domain setting in my namecheap control panel:

HOST Name
    Host name - IP - Record Type - TTL
    @ - 11.22.33.44 - A(Address) - 1800
    @ - http://www.mydomain.co.uk - ULR Redirect - 1800
    www - ghs.google.com - CNAME(Alias) - 1800

Sub Domain Settings
    sip - 12.34.56.78 - A(Address) - 1800

SRV setting
    service - protocol - prioroty - weight - port - target
    _sip _udp 20 - 1 - 5060 sip.mydomain.co.uk
    _sip _tcp 20 - 1 - 5060 sip.mydomain.co.uk

When I attmpt to call my digital receptionist (8002) on 8002@sip.mydomain.co.uk the call is not getting through to my 3CX server.

Can anyone see where I am going wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

NB. Is it OK for a sub domain to have a different IP address?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You still need to create DIDs to make direct SIP working. If necessary create dummy voip provider with DID numbers like 8000, 8001, 8002 pointing to extensions 8000, 8001, 8002, ...

This is quite similar to IPkall service (in USA) which uses direct SIP calling.
    Hope this helps.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Direct SIP is the external (anonymous) access to the system and routing is very limited for this type of the calls.
    By using Direct SIP you can call only an extension which has explicitly defined "SIP ID".
    For example, if SIP ID of an extension is set to "john" then Direct SIP calls to the user john@sip.mydomain.co.uk will be routed to this extension. Calls to unknown "SIP IDs" are rejected as "Unidentified incoming call". The internal number is NOT a "SIP ID".

If you need to route Direct SIP calls to the objects which are not an extension (DR, Queue, Ring Group etc.) then you need to explicitly define receiver as the extension with SIP ID and then use forwarding rules to route calls to the required destination.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BigB

That did it. Works fine so, much to my surprise, my domain setting were OK. :D

Thanks for your help

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

thanks for update
    Personally, I'm glad to know that all parts have been adjusted to each other and "Direct SIP" works
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.