Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Help setting up

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rich1231, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich1231

I have 3cx running on my laptop just to test.

I have a network that i have some Linksys SPa942's attached. I can get them registered on the PBX no problem.

However the moment i hit any number and press dial i get the call ended tone.

I cannot even dial other extensions.

Router/Firewall is forwarding ports fine to laptop.

SIP provider is Gradwell.

I dont know if there are multiple issues (likely) or just the one of the phone extensions not being configured correctly. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First , have a look at the 3CX logs to see if the call is even getting into 3Cx and if it. or the phone itself is rejecting the dialed digits.
    Did you do any changes to the dialplan in the SPA942?

3. rich1231

Hi there,

thank you for the reply.

I changed the dialplan as per the setup instructions on this site to [X*].

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's always best to build a dialplan to suit the particular numbers you will be dialling in your set-up. It helps the calls go through faster when you finish dialling and allow you to block certain numbers if you wish. There are a number of sites with info on the Sipura/Linksys/Cisco dialplans. Here is a link to one of them that can get you started...http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan2.htm

Don't forget that some dialplans are created for use in a Gateway to send digits out to different trunks based on number dialled. When used in a set, as you are, a dialplan is used to pre-screen, or manipulate numbers before being sent out to 3CX (or another, single, VoIP provider), which will then route then call based on the digits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.