HELP! Silly error that I just made worse

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

Hi,

I'been using V12 happily on a demo license and everything has been going well,

Have a customer coming in tomorrow and I noticed that it no longer seems to be creating recording files... Foolishly I thought I'll just reload my V12 license to see if it fixes they error..

BIG MISTAKE

When I tried to activate the license it said it failed to contact the licensing sever and then made the product I have installed UNLICENSED! Arrgh....

Any advise greatly appreciate. Have considered changing over to V14, but risky and i want something that works...

Iain

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey,

There are 2 cases I can think of:
    - If the License Key has been upgraded to a V14 key for some reason it will never activate on a lower version. In this case you would have to contact your Partner for advice.
    - If you are trying to activate it and you are getting a "License Error 60" error, have a look here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/news/license-error/

3. haywardi

Hi Thanks for the advice.

I was getting the license 60 error so followed the instructions... Now I get: could not contact the license key server. Please check your internet connection..... Suffice to say, nothing wrong with my internet connection.

Iain

4. haywardi

Oh, probably should add that yes I've been doing testing on V14 so it IS possible that the license was upgraded to V14 as part of the testing.

The testing didn't highlight any issues EXCEPT the requirement for a FQDN, whilst that isn't a problem for us, some of our customers we weren't so sure about.

Was meaning to ask on here if it's really necessary or if we can get away with a static IP address. Thoughts appreciated.

Iain

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For the 'no FQDN' question, there is an option during the installation for IP only BUT as the disclaimer says no remote extensions will work. If your customers have only local phones you should be fine.
    You cab get more information about installation options here: http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/#h.7lgcpd5rel6n

As for the License issue, this can sometimes happen if you have something on your network scanning HTTP traffic like DPI Firewall, proxy, etc, AntiVirus software, etc.
    If you have something like this try disabling it. If this does not work I would recommend first talking to the 3CX Partner who provided you with the key to make sure it is still a V12 key and if it is, ask your Partner to contact the 3CX Support Team so it can get sorted out.

6. haywardi

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your answer... Decided to bite the bullet and go for the upgrade to V14 (the V12 installation was quite old). I had originally put the V14 upgrade in the 'another day basket' because the release candidate version I downloaded didn't allow you to not use the FQDN.

Clearly that's not the case now and I did the upgrade last night. So far so good and only have one grumble and one question which I'll ask in a separate thread. .

Thanks for your help.
    Iain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.