HELP SPA3102 AND DOOR PHONE

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matfalci, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matfalci

Can anyone help me configuring SPA3102 to add as extension or if it's possible as a PSTN line my office door phone?

Better solution will be configuring as a PSTN line so i can use also a IVR when office is close
    but if it's not possible i'm sure i can use as an extension of 3cx.

thank you!
    Mat

2. hgcomp

yeah is possible, not easy but possible... spa3102 can work like a doorphone... but like a gateway is not the better

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mickp

Thanks for the helpful info hg. So far as the o.p's inquiry goes I'd imagine that the required function for a doorphone is to be able to dial a number when you press a button or pick up a phone and also provide support for the callee to open a door via a relay/solenoid thingamugig. I've not seen anything in the ATA administration guide ftp://ftp.linksys.com/downloads/NA/other/ATA_AG_v3_200809_AdminGuide.pdf to suggest that this is possible with the unit. Can you point out the bit I'm missing here?

Mat: As an ata for an extension the 3102 will work just fine. You have the added bonus that it can also work independently as an fxo port for your system... Now that I've re-read your post I see that you're most interested in getting the 3102 to work as an incomming fxo port. This should work fine. Check out the admin guide link above for more info on configuration.

For doorphone duty I'd suggest that you could try something like "http://www.telephonesonline.com.au/door-phone.html" (random google search for door phone. No recommendation or responsibilty should be implied. Do your own google search :) ) There are analog doorphone devices which I would expect to work correctly connected to the fxs port of your 3102. If you're going to spend money on one of these then you may wish to consider a sip/voip solution which would work independently of the 3102. I've not experience in either so you'll want to do your own research or rely on other advice in the forums re: that.

Mick.

4. matfalci

so... what's better? using like an extension?
    can you tell me more?

if i use like a gateway i can set IVR for the doorphone otherwise it's not possible...

5. matfalci

I mean using fxo port with my analog door phone ...

yes will be more interesting using a SIP door phone (i find it but cost 750 Euro!!!)

6. mickp

Hi Mat,

So far as I know you should be able to use this device independently as an fxo and fxs device. You've got one so check out the options and see what it can do. IVR on doorphone would only be possible if you get a phone that has keys on it. Many door phones just have a button to push. I don't think there's any facility in the spa3102 itself to call a number when the handset is picked up so you need this feature built into your door phone device.

These guys have always had lots of fun phone gadgets http://www.telephonelinesharing.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=16571. Again, not an endorsement. Purchase at your own risk.

Mick.

7. mickp

I think the door phone would work on the fxs side.

Mick.

8. matfalci

Thank you Mick,

I'm trying to set the 3102 to work like an ATA with a standard phone,

i read the guide for 3102 starting at point 19 (ATA functionality) but i have this error:

14:50:05.265 Call::Terminate [CM503008]: Call(196): Call is terminated
    14:50:05.265 Call::RouteFailed [CM503015]: Call(196): Attempt to reach [sip:48@172.16.0.1] failed. Reason: Not Found
    14:50:05.265 CallLeg::eek:nFailure [CM503003]: Call(196): Call to sip:48@172.16.0.1 has failed; Cause: 404 User unknown.; from IP:127.0.0.1:5060
    14:50:05.156 AuthMgr::eek:nAuthFailure [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: INVITE 48@127.0.0.1:5060 tid=da5b1142fd37d947 cseq=INVITE contact=47@172.16.0.1:5060 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings
    14:50:04.843 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503004]: Call(196): Calling: Ext:Ext.48@[Dev:sip:48@127.0.0.1:5060]
    14:50:04.843 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall [CM503001]: Call(196): Incoming call from Ext.47 to [sip:48@172.16.0.1]

call terminated but the extension 48 (ATA 3102) is registered!

9. mickp

Hey there,

Which devices are on 47 and 48? Can you place a call to voicemail 999 from the ata?

Also, could you increase the logging level in 3cx to verbose? You'll find the option in the 3cx admin interface under general/General Settings/Logging level.

Mick.

10. Discovery Technology

We have a working system with Linksys PAP2 ATA's and the 2N Helios Intercoms - they have an off-the-shelf door solenoid 'thingamajig' and also support all dry switches (like controls for boom gates). The intercom can be set to auto answer and is controlled by DTMF codes so that you can open the door by dialling 5 as an example and we typically set the door buttons to pre-dial internal extensions. They have a card proximity reader, roof for weather proofing and video option as well.

Works really well - I would suspect that the SPA3102 would function the same as the PAP2.

Regards, Brendan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. matfalci

i'm trying to setup the SPA 3102 as an ATA (extension 48), in the control panel i see the ATA registered but when i try to call from my phone (47) i have this error; (it's already verbose)

12. Discovery Technology

Have you set the 3CX Server as your outbound proxy on the ATA?

Also, what error did you get? (It didn't come up in your last post)

13. mickp

I'd not have thought that you should be experiencing authentication problems with an incomming call to the 3102.

Do you have the 3102 configured as a pstn gateway? If so, try removing this configuraton and just add 48 as an extension. You should be able to register the fxs port on the 3102 as an extension of 3cx.

Instructions from the manual are;

Could you describe how things are configured?

Mick.

14. matfalci

Ok now, the door phone work, but i have 2 small problems:

1. the interface from door phone and SPA 3102 have a delay of 15 seconds
    2. when i pick up the phone i must press 1 to talk with the person at the door.

How i can solve this? Any idea?

Thank you
    Mat

15. Henk

Henk Member

16. Discovery Technology

If you are experiencing a delay from the door phone in dialling the pre-defined extension, try reducing your dial plan so that it is specific to your internal extensions.

For example, by default the dial plan caters for normal local or international calls. If you change it to "xxx" only (it might be [xxx] although I think both work on the Linksys) and have 3-digit internal extensions as soon as it receives the dialled number from the doorphone it should initiate an immediate call.

Is the "press 1 to talk" a feature of the doorphone that you have purchased perhaps? That might be worthwhile checking with the vendor as it should operate like a nomal handset otherwise once you're connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.