HELP! SPA3102 Refusing Outbound, Authorization ID Failure...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mirzab, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Just setup a SPA3102 to interface between my Vonage box and 3CX PBX. Followed your posted procedure to the letter including some very great threads regarding the "tweaking" needed to create shortest ring delay while allowing CID. Vonage now rings incoming perfectly, no complaint. Outbound calls are failing however, with log showing issues of authorization between originating extension and 3102 (I believe). System setup - 3CX alone on PC Box with Win2K Server OS using two PAP2s to run four analog extensions, vBuzzer as VoIP provider and Vonage via 3102. I have tried outbound calls from analog extensions and softphones, same results. Below is excerpt from log showing errors:

19:58:02.539 CallConf::Rejected [CM103005] Call(25) is rejected: Invalid password provided
    19:58:02.539 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(25): Call from Ext.120 to 4167433224 terminated; cause: 403 Invalid password provided; from IP:192.168.1.211
    19:58:02.469 AuthMgr::eek:nAuthFailure [CM101000] Registration request from sip:120@192.168.1.211:5060 failed. Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings
    19:58:02.469 AuthMgr::requestCredential [CM001005] Message SipReq: INVITE 4167433224@192.168.1.211:5060 tid=3e701e51e869f817 cseq=INVITE contact=120@192.168.1.211:5060 / 2 from(wire) failed authentication!
    19:58:02.469 AuthMgr::requestCredential [CM001001] Authentication ID for CfgExt:120 doesn't match provided: 10009 vs 120
    19:58:01.728 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(25): Incoming call from 120 (Ext.120) to sip:4167433224@192.168.1.211
    19:57:07.790 ServRegs::eek:nAdd [CM113002] Registered: Ext.120

In this case 120 is a softphone.

This isn't a life or death situation since vBuzzer is handling outgoing in the interim but like a dog with a bone - it will drive me nuts until its done / fixed so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mirza.

2. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Did you have a look at the configuration guide?

http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Have a look and if you still have a problem we will take it from there.

Regards

3. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Yes I did, and I followed it exactly through the steps, twice. I also read through several threads and found valuable tips regarding call answer delay and other issues, but nothing that helps with the outbound calls.

4. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

This happens from all the phones? Or only from extension 120?
    Can you try and remove the authentication from the softphone and same authentication from the 3CX PBX extension settings and observe the result?
    Also what softphone are you using?

5. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

This happens from any softphone or from any analog extension (via PAP2 adapters). I use Xten / Counterpath softphones. I am unsure what you mean about removing authorizations - could you clarify? Possibly give steps on 3CX and I will catch on? Thanks for the help.

6. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Mirzab,

That's mean leave password of extension (refer to the log, it should be EXT 120) at both SIP phone and 3CX PBX to blank.

Regards,

7. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

OK Guys, did as requested and I never want to try that again. After removing the passwords from both the 3CX Extension 120 setup and the corresponding softphone, I tried to make a call that would route through the SPA3102 - from the logs it shows the software "looping" - the best description I can think of. It was occurring so quickly I could not easily copy and paste. A single string showing receipt of the dial request from the softphone and it kept repeating. I then "Hung Up" the softphone and a second single string indicating call canceled began repeating also. So two strings alternating and repeating with the system performing very poorly on calls. I had to reboot to stop and clear everything. Any other suggestions?

8. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

After browsing many pages / threads it appears to me that issues with the SPA3102 seems considerably more prevalent than any other, and answers from 3CX seems inversely lacking - is there as issue with this device? It is listed as tested and supported I believe. If there is an issue I would appreciate any feedback as my head is quite sore from the wall its been bashing on!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well comments like
    ain't gonna help you much either mate. All you end up with is not only a sore head but also a sore bum (me kicking it along).

See the SPA is a popular model and because a lot of people got the wind of it that there are some serious SPA monkeys on this forum so a lot of them ask questions here. Also if you browse through the forum you notice that a lot of these issues are either the same or very close, just different wording is used. So what are these issues:

- Authorisation
    - CLID
    - PSTN line connect
    - Echo (good one)
    - Call dropping

Well that is about it. 90% of that is related to the device and "the carbon based structure configuring it".

So what to do in 20 words or less.

- Authorisation, as mentioned before can be tempremental. Make sure the boxes know about each other (fixed IP addresses are the way to go here). Setup the Authentication ID and login up on 3CX FIRST. Than use these credentials to fill in on the SPA, use the standard line ID etc to keep it simple do not get to flash otherwise you get burned.
    Powerdown (yep take the power away from the SPA after you made the changes and save them) and power it back up.

Let us know how you go.

10. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Mirzab - I can offer you to send me your config and I will compare the settings to the 3102 in out test network. I suggested that you remove the authentication from the phone and PBX because there was a log in the server status you sent showing "invalid password"

That way we can confirm that sip header auth is not changed because of the tags in the sip message not matching.

Re instate the authentication as it was making sure the phone registers with the PBX. Use the softphone for the time being only. Make sure the SPA3102 is registered to the PBX.
    Confirm whether you can receive inbound calls through the SPA.

Confirm credentials of SPA and PBX Gateway Line.

Outbound issue - Have you created an outbound rule? Maybe that is why you have a looping problem... thus creating a routing loop within the PBX.
    Make sure that in the PBX, the SPA 3102 line has Re-invite ticked in Gateway Capabilities and support replaces unticked.
    Create outbound rule - make it simple - bind it to use the spa3102 for outbound calls and dial the outbound number. It should work. Do not use Backup rule to keep it simple.

Keep me posted - I have a hunch you have a misconfig in outbound rules. As IT farmer said - SPA 3102 works well and very popular + 100% supported device with 3cx Phonesystem.

11. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Thanks for the feedback Guys, and sorry for the poor comments - my only excuse is the frustration and head bashing this unit is causing me compared to the relative ease of the original 3CX install and setup.

I will give your suggestions a try this morning and report back. I would very much like to send the config or the SPA3102 and would also send copies of 3CX setup pages for unit, logs and outbound rules - just let me know who / where to send.

Mirza.

Further Info: I have forwarded screen prints to Nicky as requested and after deleting the original line in 3CX, and factory reset on SPA3102, AND then carefully following setup guide on forum to create new PSTN line and SPA config, I still cannot dial out but my errors have changed. I have found another thread that matches the current errors so will continue there http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2000 Thanks to everyone for all the help. Do remember that myself and everyone here continue with the questions and work through the issues because ultimately this is a really great product!!