Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Help/Tipps for Reporting needed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by i.barat@smc.at, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i.barat@smc.at

After we have upgraded from V12.5 to V14 creating the reports is really a challenge. Generally, I can handle CDR Reports if they are in form, that can be easyly handled by Excel.

But the V14 CDR reports are really difficult to read and to aggregate the data:

a)
    There are cells (data) that makes the aggregation very difficult. Example: the heading is repeating itself after every 20 rows. In my report (calls from last 2 months) there are about 20K rows, so eliminating such a cells/rows manually is not an option. The same with the page number (that makes really no sense to have it in Excel).

Is there any option the get plain raw CDR data?

b)
    The structure of the CDRs is totally different than it was with V12.5. In 12.5 it was one row per call, so the aggregation was simple. Now in V14 there can several rows for one call, so the aggregation is very difficult.

I want a report about the call flow (kind of matrix):
    Who got how much calls? How many calls were ansered on the primary target and how many of them were routed to other destination and what happened there (ansered or not answered)? Important is to see the relation between the first and last target. In the V12.5 there was a column with the information about the targets, like 1234 -> 2345 (first target -> last target). This column disappeard now and instead there are additional columns... But they can not be handled in Excel by simply creating a pivot...

We need this to verify our routing and configuration of the groups and queues.

Any idea or tipp how could be solved this?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If I understand correctly, you are probably getting the 3CX Reports in a CSV format, you could however check out the actual CDR output function 3CX Phone System offers, which might meet your requirements.

More information about it can be found here: http://www.3cx.com/docs/cdr-call-data-records/

3. i.barat@smc.at

Thanks, we activated this.

Actually I meant the standard reports in my privous post, but I hope your solution will also work.

I thought that the standard reports (described here: http://www.3cx.com/docs/call-reporting/) can be formated like this or like it was in privous versions.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Although it is difficult to know what the future may hold, I believe that the multi-line Call Report format will remain as is as it is now more granular to the human eye (granted, for parsing it may be more of a challenge).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.