Solved Help Understanding Provisioning...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Randall, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randall

I have a system where I have to factory restore the Yealink phones before autoprovisioning every time I want to reprovision a phone before it will pick up new settings from the 3CX. Is that normal behavior? I'd like to be able to make a change to the BLF's in 3CX and simply reprovision from 3CX, but I'm actually not able to make that work. If it matters, they are setup Direct SIP w/ the PBX in the cloud f it matters, but I figured if the initial provisioning work, why wouldn't it reprovision. The phone does go as far as rebooting once it thinks that it s done provisioning, but none of the changes in 3CX take.

2. neville

neville New Member

I have the same issue with phones behind a 3CX SBC. These will not even reboot. I am on the new beta SP1 but expect it should reprovision.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Randall

Please make sure that you are running the default template for a test and you are on the supported firmware for your phone.
    Then provision the phone by RPS or by adding the provisioning link into the web interface of the phone. Let the phone provision.
    Then add a blf from the management console and click on reprovision. Let the phone restart. If the blf is not present then try downloadign the config file manually from the remote site where the phone is located. To do so you need the provisioning link of the phone and the mac address of the phone. If should look like this: https://<FQDN>:5001/provisioning/xxxxxxxxxx/<mac>.cfg.
    Once you download the config file open it with a file editor and check if the BLF you added is present in the config file. This should give as a first clue as to where the issue is.

@neville

For the phones to reboot or reprovision through the management console the phones should have been provisioned through PnP and with the default template. If either doesn't apply then the phones will not reprovision through the management console.

4. Randall

I looked on the server and the only .cfg files I see are astra, sip, and 000000000000. Nothing with the phone's mac.

5. Randall

We are running a custom template with the following changes. Pretty minor stuff. I did notice that the management console "copy" function messes up the copied template. I've resorted to an actual copy-and-paste into the new template.

transfer.dsskey_deal_type = 1
    phone_setting.missed_call_power_led_flash.enable = 0
    features.dsskey_blind_tran = 0
    phone_setting.dialnow_delay = 4
    account.1.display_mwi.enable = 1
    account.1.subscribe_mwi = 1
    account.1.subscribe_mwi_expires = 900
    account.1.sub_fail_retry_interval = 900
    account.1.subscribe_mwi_to_vm = 1

I'll test with the default and report back.

6. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The configuration files for the phones are no longer stored in the provisioning folder but are generated on the fly upon request from the phones. That is why i suggested you "call" the config file from the browser at the remote site.

8. Randall

Yiannis and Saqqara,

You nailed it. Once I made those changes and reprovisioned the phones, it all started working as one would expect.

I've never seen that like re: Yealink-specific template changes. That link should be a link off the Yealink phone setup page(s) somewhere.

9. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

#9 Saqqara, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.