• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[HELP] Using SPA3102 as Gateway to my PSTN Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell-voip

Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope you can help me.

What I have?
I have a PSTN Line and a SPA3102 (1 FXS and 1 FXO).

What I need?
Example: “Client A” wants to call through my PSTN Line. He calls my VOIP NUMBER, he enters a “Secret-Code (+-12 digits)” and he has access to my PSTN Line. From there he can call Local numbers.
I want to control the amount of minutes he can talk. And if possible control the numbers “Client A” can reach.

Is this possible?

How?

What do you recommend?

Thanks!

There is a timeout for the VoIP to PSTN part of the gateway (it will affect all calls, not, not just his) , and there are dialplans that can be brought into play to limit digits dialled.

Is the 3102 used as a trunk on a 3CX installation, or are you trying to do this as a standalone set-up?

What is the best option???

I didnt understand what you mean!

It depends on whether or not you are using, or plan on using the 3102 as a 3CX trunk, for incoming or outgoing calls. If that is the case then you would have to register the PSTN portion to 3CX. That means that it won't be registered to a VoIP provider with a number that someone can call into.

As a stand-alone set-up, the 3102 will do what you want, however, the PSTN line will be connected to a phone line that can be shared with something else or is used exclusively for the dial out service you wish to provide. Sharing it can add complications if someone else is using the line.

You need to clarify how you see this set-up and how many phone lines/numbers you plan on using.

The 3102 will screen, and allow a VoIP caller to access PSTN dialtone, or it will allow a PSTN caller to access a VoIP line. The FXS portion is not involved in this scenario, although you could loop one to the other to go, PSTN to PSTN.

Screening can be based on caller Id or a PIN.

Of course. Sorry,, the problem is that I could explain everything..

The PSTN is dedicated.. If 3CX allows me what I need, I will use 3CX.

Client A calls VOIP Number, a message answers and inform the client that he most enter his "calling card" (this PIN number should let me configure how many air time he can talk.)

From here I was analyzing two possibilities.

1. The first one is that the client have a immediate calling tone (from PSTN Line) and he can call directly.
2. Or based on the account details and the numbers he agreed for his account he can only call those numbers. This option is the one I prefer above all.

So, if the answer is yes, at least the first part.

Where do I buy some VOIP numbers? (USA, CANADA, ETC)

Can I get someone to host 3CX for me? Or should get a dedicated server with Windows?

Is also FreePBX a posibility??

Best Regards, excellent help from everyone.

The 3102 has only a limited number of PIN numbers/dialplans available and is designed for only a handfull of users, not a long distance re-sale business. 3CX itself wasn't designed for that sort of thing either.

The PSTN line of the 3102 could be registered with an extension of 3CX, which would get the call into the PBX. After that, calls could be routed based on the digits dialled along with the new PIN access feature in version 11.

You would need one 3102 (incoming, along with one PSTN line) for each call up, along with one outgoing VoIP trunk. But, again, it is limited to the number of PINs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.