Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Help with a configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

A relatively complex (for me) 3cx implementation - v8 with 2x Patton 4 port gateways connected to PSTN.

The business uses DR for Day, and a different DR for night. The night DR's cascade, because 3 different departments have different hours. That, we are able to configure for.

The crunch is Wednesday, 1200 to 1300. There is a staff meeting (all departments, all employees) - and they want/need a DR to handle this.

Configuring the DR is no problem, but at the moment the only way I can see to configure the incoming ports on the Pattons is to have an onsite admin go in at 1200 and change the "connect to DR" for each of the 8 ports. And then do it again at 1300. That's 16 changes :-(, manually.

Can someone think of a more efficent way?

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The workaround is to use an extension as a time condition. Extensions have much more flexible time-based options so before going to the DR, you go to an extension, and use it to determine where to send the call based on the time. You can even string multiple conditions together using multiple extensions to accomplish what you are trying to do. Its not as clear as if there was a "time condition" module but it will get the job done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cfive

cfive Member

Kerry,

Thanks, I'll work on getting my head around this ;-).

- Les.

4. cfive

cfive Member

Kerry,

Thanks a lot for your tip - directing all calls to an extension as a starting point works a treat.

- Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.