Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Help with Bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by buster1075, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buster1075

Hello,

I have set up a bridge over a VPN connecting two 3cx systems. In the 3cx MyPhone I can see the users on the other side of the bridge and I can see if they are on a call etc... I can also chat with them using the 3cx chat. If I dial any of the numbers on the other side of the bridge from my desk phone it does not work.

I was trying to call someone on the other side of the bridge by clicking their extension on the 3cx MyPhone but it did not appear to be working. I installed the 3cx soft-phone on my PC to try something else and then tried clicking on the extension on the 3cx MyPhone again to have another look at the bridge. Just by chance I noticed that the Soft-phone actually works where as my desk phone does not.

This is the only way it works. It doesn't work when I try calling the extension number from the soft-phone.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

How about the outbound rules for using the bridge? Like a VoIP provider or PSTN connection, the calls have to route using those rules.. which may affect dial plans depending on the numbering strategies.

The only other one is I tend to enable PBX Delivers Audio.. unclear why I would "not" have that as default, given it's a bridge.. but go figure.

3. mlump

mlump New Member

If you need or want to use a specific dial out Digit in your outbound rules you need to specify that digit in the bridge under the Connection details for the MyPhone.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You will have to add a outbound rule of sorts, when dialing the other system you can assign a number to dial before the extension ie x and the the extensions xxx. So if the extensions is 201 you can assigne a 3 to dial the other system extensions so to get extensions 201 you would dial 3201

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.