• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Help with Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster1075

Reaction score
Hello,

I have set up a bridge over a VPN connecting two 3cx systems. In the 3cx MyPhone I can see the users on the other side of the bridge and I can see if they are on a call etc... I can also chat with them using the 3cx chat. If I dial any of the numbers on the other side of the bridge from my desk phone it does not work.

I was trying to call someone on the other side of the bridge by clicking their extension on the 3cx MyPhone but it did not appear to be working. I installed the 3cx soft-phone on my PC to try something else and then tried clicking on the extension on the 3cx MyPhone again to have another look at the bridge. Just by chance I noticed that the Soft-phone actually works where as my desk phone does not.

This is the only way it works. It doesn't work when I try calling the extension number from the soft-phone.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

How about the outbound rules for using the bridge? Like a VoIP provider or PSTN connection, the calls have to route using those rules.. which may affect dial plans depending on the numbering strategies.

The only other one is I tend to enable PBX Delivers Audio.. unclear why I would "not" have that as default, given it's a bridge.. but go figure.

If you need or want to use a specific dial out Digit in your outbound rules you need to specify that digit in the bridge under the Connection details for the MyPhone.

You will have to add a outbound rule of sorts, when dialing the other system you can assign a number to dial before the extension ie x and the the extensions xxx. So if the extensions is 201 you can assigne a 3 to dial the other system extensions so to get extensions 201 you would dial 3201

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.