Help with Caller ID, and update to SP1 after upgrade from 3CX 12.5-->14-->15 upgrade. Help appreciat

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wissamharoun, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wissamharoun

Hello,

First time poster. Newb on 3CX and SIP telephony in general, but highly experienced techie. Wondering if someone can suggest ideas for the following issues experienced after a 12.5 to 14 to 15 upgrade (quite rapidly). 12.5 was supplied by a vendor (before my time), and the company had been dissatisfied with it when I joined (on many levels). I was asked if I can tighten up the installation, and get it to do what they wanted -- chiefly, enable softphones (and smartphone clients) to be able to make and receive calls remotely. Well, solved that fairly quickly through the upgrade to V15, and by utilizing V15's free FQDN, and managing all the respective network requirements (NATing, port forwarding, firewall rules, etc.)

However, here are the two issues being confronted now:
    1. Our installation is currently V15.0.0, and its license (8SC) is active - with maintenance valid until Nov 2017 - however, there appears no way in the GUI to update to SP1. The updates notifications shows many available updates, one of which is NOT the update to SP1. I've tried clearing the browser cache, etc... but to no avail. I am not having any trouble updating phone firmwares - that works well - I am just unable to have the system present SP1 as an available update...

2. After the move to V15, phones no longer show caller ID properly - meaning, Caller ID DOES work from extension to extension, but when calls originate from an external source, and come through a Patton 4112 (2 port FXO) - then Caller ID DOES NOT show on the terminating extensions...

Here's what's going on within 3CX Call Log, the number shows correctly like this... (for example - the 'x' are used by me to masquerade the number)

In other words, in the call log - the number appears correctly -- meanwhile, at an extension:
    If it's a soft-phone (such as the iOS 3CX client) it shows as -

(without the number, but with correct date, timestamp below)

whereas, if it's a SIP handset (that has either answered or missed a call from an external number) it shows no corresponding call in its Call History -- confirmed across Fanvil and Cisco handsets that are up to date with firmware, and provisioned by the 3CX system successfully.

Any solutions, help or suggestions tremendously appreciated. Gratitude in advance.

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You are probably are already running SP1. If you downloaded the installed after SP1 was released it is built in the downloaded file. As for Patton cid I would delete the Patton, make sure you have latest template and re-configure it as a new fxo gateway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wissamharoun

thanks for the input !

shouldn't I be able to see the feature for currently active call if in fact it's already SP1?

where can I find definitive version/build number within the management console ?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The build number used to be listed on the log-in screen.

5. wissamharoun

Not on the login screen in my version... anywhere else I could look ?

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The build number can be found at the dashboard under the information Tab. Build number 15.0.57336.0 is the latest and includes the SP1. See attached screenshot.
    About the caller ID, that depends on what SIP field the Patton uses.
    You can find these settings in the inbound rules of your gateway, usually it's the settings you can see in the attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

7. wissamharoun

YiannisH_3CX - Thank You ! that confirms that I have version SP1 installed, and that means it must have been in the version of the installer that I used... I also have 15.0.57336.0 showing in my dashboard...

So, shouldn't we be able to see the active calls as well in the dashboard?

As for Caller ID/Patton - I'll investigate further armed with your input and report back. Thanks! :)

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In the dashboard under PBX status you will find the entry "Number of calls in use". If you click on that it will take you to the Active Calls menu where you can see all the Active Calls

9. wissamharoun

as for the active calls - My humble apologies to all... After YiannisH_3CX confirmed how to be sure we're running SP1, I hunted on the dashboard and found it finally by clicking on the row titled "Number of calls in use"

~wissamharoun

Attached Files:

10. wissamharoun

have tried changing some of those setting around (for caller ID) as you suggested. nothing helped.
    What keeps me wondering is this... if Caller ID was working in v12.5, and then after the upgrade to V14, but not now in V15SP1 - even though I'd been carrying over a backed up setting from one version to the next... could there be a bug?

~wissamharoun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.