• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Help with CID rules please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornelis

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have 3CX Pro v15 and a Beronet SIP gateway that interfaces with our local, beloved, state-owned and only supplier of telecommunications, PSTN company X....

I'm trying to get Inbound CID rules working, either on trunk level or extension (I really don't mind which), however because of the ISDN > SIP conversion my CID (or OAD) gets converted into the following example:
"0821234567" <sip:[email protected]>. As you can see, though my extension shows 0821234567 is the incoming call, it appears to me that the CID which 3CX recognizes for the rules matching is 10000 (the SIP gateway). Thus all incoming calls are seen as coming from 10000 and not the "number" part.

I'm making the following assumptions (though I stand to be corrected):
"0821234567" is the From : Display Name part.
<sip:[email protected]> used for CID matching.

I tried changing my Inbound Parameters under the Trunk's Settings but I can't seem to get my CID's to work.

And when I build CID rules, if I use *1234567 or 0821234567 or even as broad as *4567, it ignores the rule. If I use * it obviously routes everything, and if I use 10000 it also routes everything (hence my assumptions).

I have no prior experience with 3CX so please assist with suggestions if you can? I need to somehow make 3CX see the "number" part as the CID rather than the <sip:[email protected]> part.

I work for a non-profit in a very rural area. To get a 3CX partner out here to troubleshoot this would probably cost the organisation the equavalent to my whole month's salary. I'd prefer to resolve this internally...

All assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Very respectfully yours,
CM

while using a beronet it is normal that

"0821234567" <sip:[email protected]>

is sent. 10000 is the port (SIP Trunk in the PBX). Normal setting is in the template for beronet to read the value

CallerNum = From Display Name

Is the beronet provisioned to 3CX and comes from factory defaults? Is the beronet template been used?
What IP Phones do you use?

Our 3CX supplier set up the Beronet for us, but I'd have to assume that they used the 3CX "Generate Config File" to setup everything (assuming that is meant with template).

I checked and indeed CallerNum = From Display Name.

We use Yealinks.

I'm very cautious about resetting the Beronet just yet, but if you say the CID should work right off the template it could be that something was messed up on the Beronet during setup or that they in actual fact didn't use the template.

I should emphathize that when there's an incoming call, the OAD/CID number IS displayed on the handset. It's only the inbound CID rules (or the Exceptions on Extension Forwarding) that doesn't.

On the handset it displays as:
" 0821234567 "
" 10000 " (new line)

Last edited:
normally this would be the case.

can you go onto the beronet, management, dialplan debug, make an inbound call and post the log here

Does your provider normally supply name display, or only number? Many gateways will send the trunk number if there is no CID received with the call. I'm just wondering if it is your provider, or a setting in the gateway, that has the number shifted to the name field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.