Help with configuration- one incoming and 2 outgoing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mkehinde2, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkehinde2

I have an unlocked PAP2T ATA. I have 2 VOIP providers - sipgate- with a local number assingned and freecall and callserve voip to make calls. I want to configure a PBX like 3CX to use sipgate for incoming and other providers for outgoing. Please can anyone help with configuration?

I intend to install the 3CX software on a windows Home Server or XP Pro.Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You'll have to design a dialplan that will route your calls to the outgoing trunks depending on the dialled digits. You'll have to decide if you want to dial 9 for an outside call. As for incoming... you can rout a call to one extension or a ring group that contains a number of extensions. You can also sent it to the automated attendant but that is something you probably shouldn't worry about until you get the basics working. Read the manual, it will give you the basics. There is also info on setting up individual devices.

1.) install 3cx
    2.) forward the proper ports if you are behind a router.
    3.) create a couple of extensions on the 3CX
    3.) datafill the PAP2T's so that you can place a call from one of those extentions to another.
    4.) datafill one of the VoIP trunks to a provider.
    5.) build a dialplan to route calls to that trunk.

3. mkehinde2

Thanks for your response.
    I am a newbie and who appreciate if you can give me examples of how to do points: 3 and 4

3.) datafill the PAP2T's so that you can place a call from one of those extentions to another.
    4.) datafill one of the VoIP trunks to a provider.

I currently have 2 providers with balance but will revert to just one and will route all calls via this.

Thanks.

4. owosenithereal

sorry i got interested in this topic because i have a project right now i'm considering using 3cx. The client want 16 concurrent external call on his network. please how do i go about this.
    i will appreciate your kind response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.