• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Help with connecting 3CX soft phone to 3CX server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natural

Reaction score
Note: We are using the FREE version of 3CX.
From the server console when running fire wall check everything passed. However for some reason the 3CX soft phone will not connect to the server. Under ports trunks status it says that its registered however it says that its idle. The soft phone does not connect even when not using a password. We tried connecting with an extension with default settings without password and still it will not connect. It just says connecting ... and never connects. We have entered our VOIP sip credentials according to the instructions. We appreciate any help we can get.

Regards,

Hi,
It's quite ambiguous the environment you describe - please specify us your 3CX PBX version (it's displayed on management console login page) and 3CX phone version.

Regards
vali

Hi,

The PBX version is 7.1 and the soft phone is 3.1

Thanks for any help you can provide us.

Could someone please help us get connected?

Hi
Still not enough informations to put a diagnostic :mrgreen:
3CX Voip Phone has several 3.1.x releases, PBX has even more 7.1.x releases, and some of these "pairs" are not 100% compatible because of their tunnels, so I'm expecting such kind of issue.
Can you provide a copy-paste of phone's debug window messages from start to connection failure? It does not dump alot of messages. If it refers some public IP, mask it with xx.xx.xx.xx

Regards
vali

This is all it says in the debug window on the soft phone.

Attempting to connect 207.69.131.10
Using network interface 127.0.0.1
Phone got as local port 62748
RTP engine OK
SIP engine OK
Sound mic device OK
Sound ring device OK
Sound play device OK

Hi again

Well, since you provided the connection address, I've tried it on my phone to see in which situation I will get the same results as you - and I guess I've found it since it was only one: when the 207.69.131.10 (which is a public, internet address) has been set into "I am in the office - local IP" field, which is wrong.
Being a public, internet address, 207.69.131.10 should be set into the "I am out of the office - extern IP" field.

Try this and tell me if it works.

Regards
vali

Thanks for the reply,

I am getting an error

Server not responding...

Natural said:
Thanks for the reply,

I am getting an error

Server not responding...
I've got the same one when I tested. Usually, in such situations, you have some handy checking tools at your disposal: system ping, tracert and a browser. In our case ping 207.69.131.10, tracert 207.69.131.10 and http://207.69.131.10/ failed (at least from my computer) so no wonder phone doesn't succeeded since it is based on the same networking support as these three tools. If you know the PBX's administrator, ask about its proper public address.

Regards
vali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.