• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

help with grandstream 4004 on 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippers

Reaction score
hi
just setup a grandstream 4004 in order to fax out via 3cx / SIP
using the little handset on the fax I can dial an internal extension and all works fine
however when we dial an external number, the other party phone rings and they hear me but we cant hear them.

extension assigned to grandstream is registered in 3cx

reset grandstream to factory and rebuilt and still get same results
any ideas ? :)

Is this the first (and only) extension you have set up? Do others work?

What does the 3Cx server log show during a call attempt?

No RTP packets received?

If so, then run the firewall checker, and be sure that all of the required ports are forwarded in your router.

If the 4004 is registered to a fax extension then I think you are having issues with the codec being forced to t.38 (because it is defined as a fax extension.) If you register it to a regular extension it should work for voice. Have you tried to receive a fax on it?

Hi slippers,

According to your description, the issue is only for incoming RTP for external calls, this means that your router is blocking incoming RTP stream from external
I suggest you to check if the needed ports for incoming RTP stream are open on your router.

B. regards,
GSsupport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.