Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Help with installion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cleo1552, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cleo1552

Hello
    I am total new to this thing. ANyway i down loaded the 3cx free version as well as the 3cx client version. I have optimum online for a voip provider. When i go to the program wizaed on the free version the left hand side ask for provider; sipgate, voipgate, etc,etc. playing around i choose voipgate, i do not get any dial tone nothing, what am i doing wrong here
    teresa

2. darrellchapman

teresa,

I would like to help you however I definitely need more info. What does or doesn't work? How far have you gone in installing/configuring the server.

Have you successfully installed 3CX server? If so, what is the IP address of that machine?
    Have you added extensions? If not, do this first.
    Have you setup a 3CX client or desk phone? If not, do this too.

Setting up a provider is the last thing I would do. You need to make the server and an extension are configured correctly before you can successfully test with a provider.

Best Regards,

Darrell Chapman

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Darrell is correct. Create a couple extensions and get those working. Setup voicemail and make sure that works. Once that is done then add a voip providor. If you don't see yours listed, then use the generic one and use the settings they give you.
    You will also have to create an outbound rule to dial out. Dial 9 and then the number.

Are your phones registered to the server ok?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Hi, When you have Optimum and are just playing around with another, I think something goes wrong.
    As what I understand you should check out there..... generic provider and fillout all the details of your optimum provider.

Offcourse you need as said the internal phones to be configured. Make 2 so you can try to call eachother on the internal line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.