Help with Linksys SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hellopaul, Jul 11, 2007.

1. hellopaul

Hi all

Hope you can help me out with config issuse here. I am trying to make external calls from my 3cx via the linksys box but i get unavailable once i have i have dialed from the sip phone. I think the problem is with the linksys gateway. Here is the errors from the log

16:47:10.810 CallConf::Rejected [CM103005] Call(14) is rejected: Service Unavailable
    16:47:10.810 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(14): Call from Ext.1000 to 0112612162 terminated; cause: 503 Service Unavailable; from IP:194.82.237.24
    16:47:10.620 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(14): Incoming call from 1000 (Ext.1000) to sip:90112612162@194.82.237.23

My 3cxsystem ip is: 194.82.237.23
    Sip gateway: 194.82.237.24
    The ptsn line has registered in 3CX
    I have the linksys gateway atached to a analogue line from my pbx

I have followed the config guide from the site using my details below

Gateway Hostname or IP: 194.82.237.24
    Gateway Port (default is 5060): 5061

auth id: 10001
    auth password: 10001

any ideas. Any extra info just shout

thanks in advance

2. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

You SIP gateway is rejecting the call. Have a look at the device's status page. Is the device registered ? are the PSTN lines up ?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have a PBX sitting between the SPA3102 and the POTS?

Have you configured that port on the SPA3102 and 3CX?

4. hellopaul

hi guys

yea i have check the status of the pstn line and the device i am using and they are both registred in 3cx

I have configured port 5061 on the linksys and the pstn line in 3cx

this is the info i get from the linksys infi screen

PSTN Line Status
    Hook State: On Line Voltage: 0 (V)
    Loop Current: 0.0 (mA) Registration State: Registered
    Last Registration At: 7/12/2003 08:31:05 Next Registration In: 3540 s
    Last Called VoIP Number: Last Called PSTN Number:
    Last VoIP Caller: Last PSTN Caller: ,
    Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: PSTN Activity Timer: 30000 (ms)
    Mapped SIP Port: Call Type:
    VoIP State: Idle PSTN State: Idle
    VoIP Tone: PSTN Tone:
    VoIP Peer Name: PSTN Peer Name:
    VoIP Peer Number: PSTN Peer Number:
    VoIP Call Encoder: VoIP Call Decoder:
    VoIP Call FAX: VoIP Call Remote Hold:
    VoIP Call Duration: VoIP Call Packets Sent:
    VoIP Call Packets Recv: VoIP Call Bytes Sent:
    VoIP Call Bytes Recv: VoIP Call Decode Latency:
    VoIP Call Jitter: VoIP Call Round Trip Delay:
    VoIP Call Packets Lost: VoIP Call Packet Error:
    VoIP Call Mapped RTP Port:

any other ideas

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.3cx.com.au/faq.html

See if that helps, otherwise post your config or make screen dumps and sent it to me.

I do offer support for the 3CX free edition, it is only a few bucks for 10 emails, just to cover my cost.

Initially I left it to donations and there are a few people that donate (especially in Ireland and South America :)), but that did not seem to work. I try to keep posting on this forum but for now work is first hence the "short" responses. It is only fair to my paying customers .

6. ess

ess New Member

hello hellopaul :)

Your Voltage says 0 (v). The on-hook voltage on my setup is 31v I believe. Make sure your pstn is properly plugged into the Line (FXO) port of the gateway (not the phone port).

Let me know how it goes.

7. hellopaul

hey guys thanks for the info. It was a faulty cable between my gateway and pstn

I will have to play around with the outbound rules to get it working to my spec.

itfarmer: how do i go about getting this support for a a few bucks. I have a feeling i could be needing it in the near future lol

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You be wright mate,

you can go to http://www.shop.3cx.com.au
    Click on 3CX IP-PBX Software that will open a menu where you can select what options you want.

or go to the 3CX Valued Professional Support on the link below.

http://shop.3cx.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_25&osCsid=f2f3d818d8a83a3b6a8367a5c5a70d25

I am not trying too pull money out of ya, but it is just one of those things that is getting a bit out of control atm. I figured it would not be fair to my paying customers and the paid "3CX support from 3CX" to provide free email support.

(Mind you Pre-Sales Ill keep doing if there is a fair chance on selling the software via me or other 3CX partner)

Hence the idea to provide "paid" suppot for the free 3CX edition, besides the forum of course.

Hope that explains a few things :).

On the other hand, if you do a search on 3102 you will find most of the answers on this forum :).

9. ess

ess New Member

If you have inquiries I encourage you to post on the forums. Not only does it offer timely responses from multiple people, but you could also have a problem that someone else has and can resolve by searching and finding this thread.

E-mail support deprives others the ability to help or learn from this thread. So if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to post here. It won't cost you a penny :)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, but I think you mis understood my post but that is OK. These things happen. :p

=====edit=====
    1. there is no email support for the free edition, some people are more comfortable with email support. So I am happy to provide it. Email support is available for the purchased versions and the direct email support from 3CX is actually cheaper than mine for the purchased versions. The email support is an option, it is not a must, but I think it is reasonable, that if I receive a 100plus emails a day with help requests, that at some stage I charge for my time spend answering them.

2. I wrote a bit of a manual on the spa3102 and 3cx, that was available for download for a while for free, all I asked was a donation of a cup of coffee if it was of any good use. After 500 plus downloads less than 6 people figured it was worth a cup of coffee :)

Anyway enough said about this topic, I agree with what you saying ess, but I believe I have a valid point as well.

===========end edit=========
    PS sorry for highjacking this post.

11. hellopaul

Hi guys, cheers for the responses, I am still quite new to telephone so might require the support from IT Farmer at a later date. My system has been put on hold for the moment so i wont get a chance to play withit for ages :(

ess is right thou, the more info we can get in the forum the better

Cheers again all