Help with Patton 4112 FXS in germany

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by computer130, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computer130

Hey community.

I don't know why, but i can't write ino the german forums, so i try here for a little help.

I tried to use the above mentioned Patton for connecting my FaxMachine (Brother) to 3CX hosted in the cloud.
    I know it is not supported. But we need PBX from the cloud and we need Fax. Something which does not go together in a supported was if we stay in 3CX.

What i did. I added the Patton as described as an FXS/DECT device.
    I told it to use 2 Extensions. In this extension i disabled "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" and "PBX Delivers Audio".

My Provider (Deutsche Telefon Standrad AG) supports T38 and inbound Fax to 3CX Fax Server works.

If i try to send a fax it starts dialing, but at some time the Fax Machine gives an error. (some beeps).

Does anyone have a running configuration.

I do not have some more ideas. Chris.

2. tim942

Are you able to get a wireshark on the patton/gateway? Is there a specific error that you are receiving? I just fought something similar, and it turned out the re-invite to T.38 was goofy. I disabled the T.38 and I am running strong with G.711u (I will update if this changes).

I am using a Cisco SPA 112 (cheap and available in the states), so I couldn't configure in the FXS/DECT.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you build this as a "regular" extension, or as a fax extension in 3CX?

4. tim942

He most likely set it up as a "regular" extension as the fax extensions don't seem to care about "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" and "PBX Delivers Audio". The directions @computer130 cited used "regular" extensions up until that "Optional" bit at the end where it says they MUST use fax extensions.

5. computer130

Yes, i set it up as a regular extension. Because that is the only way, i can use it outside the LAN.
    We host the PBX at OVH, and VPN is not allowed to install on a 3CX Server. So i can't trick it to appear local.

Using an SPA112 with dialing T.38 works. But i am researching a mor stable way. And because some people said, that the SPA112 is not good in .T38 i hoped to solve it with a Patton device.

I have to figure out how i can do a wiretap capture of this thing.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.