Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Help with Patton 4112 FXS in germany

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by computer130, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computer130

Hey community.

I don't know why, but i can't write ino the german forums, so i try here for a little help.

I tried to use the above mentioned Patton for connecting my FaxMachine (Brother) to 3CX hosted in the cloud.
    I know it is not supported. But we need PBX from the cloud and we need Fax. Something which does not go together in a supported was if we stay in 3CX.

What i did. I added the Patton as described as an FXS/DECT device.
    I told it to use 2 Extensions. In this extension i disabled "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" and "PBX Delivers Audio".

My Provider (Deutsche Telefon Standrad AG) supports T38 and inbound Fax to 3CX Fax Server works.

If i try to send a fax it starts dialing, but at some time the Fax Machine gives an error. (some beeps).

Does anyone have a running configuration.

I do not have some more ideas. Chris.

2. tim942

Are you able to get a wireshark on the patton/gateway? Is there a specific error that you are receiving? I just fought something similar, and it turned out the re-invite to T.38 was goofy. I disabled the T.38 and I am running strong with G.711u (I will update if this changes).

I am using a Cisco SPA 112 (cheap and available in the states), so I couldn't configure in the FXS/DECT.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you build this as a "regular" extension, or as a fax extension in 3CX?

4. tim942

He most likely set it up as a "regular" extension as the fax extensions don't seem to care about "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" and "PBX Delivers Audio". The directions @computer130 cited used "regular" extensions up until that "Optional" bit at the end where it says they MUST use fax extensions.

5. computer130

Yes, i set it up as a regular extension. Because that is the only way, i can use it outside the LAN.
    We host the PBX at OVH, and VPN is not allowed to install on a 3CX Server. So i can't trick it to appear local.

Using an SPA112 with dialing T.38 works. But i am researching a mor stable way. And because some people said, that the SPA112 is not good in .T38 i hoped to solve it with a Patton device.

I have to figure out how i can do a wiretap capture of this thing.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.