Help with setting up fax server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Peter Carlson, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Carlson

V15.5.1694.0

We have a SIP trunk with 6 DIDs. The DIDs are provisioned with COX so that if our PBX doesn't answer they automatically roll to an answering service. 3CX is configured so that during business hours any calls are sent to a ring group which if not answered goes to IVR. After hours it goes directly to IVR. If the person requests immediate assistance from the IVR, it goes directly to an answering service. All of this is working with no problems.

I then go to Settings -> Fax Server. I keep all the defaults except the email address. I add one of the DIDs and hit ok and when I dial the number it goes straight to the answering service. I remove the DID from the fax server and it goes to the IVR like it should. Try another DID (add to fax server) same thing straight to answering service. Wash rinse repeat for all the DIDs.

What might I be missing?

2. Zacharias_3CX

Zacharias_3CX Support Team

Hello @Peter Carlson

I would recommend to open a ticket regarding this issue from the customer portal. In order to troubleshoot we will need to review the logs and a WireShark capture from your PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.