• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Help with shared parking and MOH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

efounco

Reaction score
It appears that Shared Parking will always pick MOH track 1 and play it over and over and over and over. I've called into our phone system 20+ times now and every time I'm transferred to Shared Parking by the operator, I hear the EXACT SAME TRACK that repeats indefinately. Despite having 5 sound tracks pre-loaded and configured for "randomize music on hold per caller", it ALWAYS plays track 1 and never plays any of the other tracks. Is this normal? Is there a workaround. I don't mind being limited to 5 tracks, but if it will only play track 1, whats the point of having the others?

Yes it does.
How to help you?
P.S. It looks like you have resolved problems related to ringgroups... ;)

So, this is normal behavior then? Why wouldn't it play all 5 tracks randomly as the interface suggests? Isn't Shared Parking technically a method of putting calls on hold so you can transfer them? If not, what's shared parking used for? Personally, I would rather let callers sit in dead silence than have them listen to the same music over and over. Haha, I guess that will be my "workaround".

Anyways, yes I did resolve my ringroup/ringback issues by using an IVR to deliver a message before it transferred the call back to the ring group. It's a dirty solution, but it works OK. I'm just hoping the CEO buys it. 3CX might be short lived on our servers if he doesn't. I guess it's a good thing I "accidentally" purchased some Digium hardware as well...

Off topic: has 3CX ever considered hiring voice over talent to redo the recordings? I notice that bits and pieces have been recorded by a different person. It's pretty close, but you can tell. <- just a thought ;)

It can be changed in the future service packs/releases.
Current version uses only one music file for parked calls.

Thanks for your question

That's awesome news, thanks again!

SY said:

Thanks for your question

so are you saying that although the option to randomize is there the current version doesn't implement it?

schmooot said:
SY said:

Thanks for your question

so are you saying that although the option to randomize is there the current version doesn't implement it?

That is correct. The MOH playback settings in 3CX do nothing for shared parking. I'm not sure why the developers did what they did, but if you want random music playback in shared parking on 3CX V10, too bad. Submit a idea (which has already been done 5+ times) is the typical response you will get.

V11 is rumored to have improvements to the MOH playback system. Let's just hope they carry over these settings to shared parking...

OK thanks for clearing that up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.