Help With SIP MEthods

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cnf, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cnf

cnf

Can anybody help me with this doubts?

1. I want to prevent an extention to make calls after being registered with the PABX, Which method shall I use?
    2. Wich method to reverse the situation (enable the extention)
    3. An extension is on a call and I want the PABX to force to disconect that call. Is ther any method to do that?

If anyone coud help me to get this answers, I woud be very thankfully

Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Go to the extension of interest in the management console and to the "other" tab. You will find options that can be toggled off and on to contol the extension's capabilities. Calls can be disconnected using the management console or my phone if you are in the management group.

3. cnf

cnf

This is not what I asked. But thanks anyway.
    I asked for methods. Not how to do it in the PABX. Supose you have a phone that can send the methods to another phone. Which would be the methods (REGISTER, INVITE, etc.

Virginio Reis

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what you are really looking for are SIP Requests and Response Methods or codes. You kind of led me to the PBX as a couple of your examples involved the Pbx or at least the phone being registered to and using the resources of same. Your last example specifically asked "An extension is on a call and I want the PABX to force to disconect that call. Is ther any method to do that?"

In any event, the Request and Responses are real time protocol exchanges and as a result, I am not aware of a Request that can set enabling or disabling the ability of a device to make/receive calls. The devices can always attempt to make the call and most can even do SIP to SIP without the need for an PBX in between, but controlling how a device functions or its capabilities outside of the SIP codes is up to the PBX.

A "BYE" Request will cause a disconnect. However, the request will need to be formulated such that it emulates the then current session that you wish to terminate. Each session has attributes within the dialogue so as to allow the connected devices to maintain the session and communicate. This dialogue is how the devices are able to manage multiple lines, accounts, etc. simultaneously.

5. cnf

cnf

OK. Thank You and I'm sorry for the mislead

Thank You. I understood now

Virginio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.