Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Help with Video (doorphone) and offsite 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kaz, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaz

Kaz

Hi Guys,

as I am a 3CX "almost virgin" - :) I could do with some help on integrating Video from door phones into 3CX.

My 3CX is hosted on my own virtual server In My Own Cloud (IMOC) :) - (v15.5/Deb) - It has a public static IP address and passes all firewall tests.

The door phones and clients are all on the same private subnet (192.168.x.x)

Calling to/from doorphones work fine. But Video does not. (Axis 8004/8005 door phones) - Call Recording is disabled for all extensions (as per a forum post somewhere)

On the 3CX windows client - it does see the door-phone as a Video Call - but never presents video. Voice calls work fine. iOS client of course only see it as a voice call - but works fine too with voice.

So what can I do to get video working? Has it something to do with 3CX registering the phones on the shared/NAT IP from my location (Dynamic IP via the 192.168.x.x nat)?

/k

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Your door phones should use one of the video codecs supported by the 3CX client: H263, H263+, VP8. Otherwise, it will not work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kaz

Kaz

ahh - 3CX only uses H263 - then it will never work :) as Axis only uses 264.

thanks that cleared it up. Any chance of a 264 codec in the future?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.