Solved Help with Video (doorphone) and offsite 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kaz, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaz

Kaz

Hi Guys,

as I am a 3CX "almost virgin" - :) I could do with some help on integrating Video from door phones into 3CX.

My 3CX is hosted on my own virtual server In My Own Cloud (IMOC) :) - (v15.5/Deb) - It has a public static IP address and passes all firewall tests.

The door phones and clients are all on the same private subnet (192.168.x.x)

Calling to/from doorphones work fine. But Video does not. (Axis 8004/8005 door phones) - Call Recording is disabled for all extensions (as per a forum post somewhere)

On the 3CX windows client - it does see the door-phone as a Video Call - but never presents video. Voice calls work fine. iOS client of course only see it as a voice call - but works fine too with voice.

So what can I do to get video working? Has it something to do with 3CX registering the phones on the shared/NAT IP from my location (Dynamic IP via the 192.168.x.x nat)?

/k

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Your door phones should use one of the video codecs supported by the 3CX client: H263, H263+, VP8. Otherwise, it will not work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kaz

Kaz

ahh - 3CX only uses H263 - then it will never work :) as Axis only uses 264.

thanks that cleared it up. Any chance of a 264 codec in the future?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.