Hide dialled number

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ice, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice

ice New Member

Necessary to hide (or change) dialed number on 3cx Phone or Assistant from operator.
    Is it possible?
    Operator have only CRM with buttons "Call to mobile" or "Call to office"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

You will need to create a new extension group and adjust permissions accordingly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ice

ice New Member

Thanks!
    But I also need to hide number on softphone during outbound call.

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Hide outbound caller id? Or the outbound number on the soft phone display?

5. ice

ice New Member

Outbound number on the soft phone display

6. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I am not aware that this can be done. Why would you want to hide a number that the user has to dial?

7. ice

ice New Member

It is a typical requirement for call centers.
    Operator should not see the contact information of customer.
    Only button "Call" in CRM.

8. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I'm pretty sure this can't be done, Perhaps you could put this in the requested features or custom right a piece of software with the DLL API.

9. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Vladimir

Just to hide phone number on display is a simple thing to do. However, for me things looks - overall - a little complicated; you said
    "It is a typical requirement for call centers. Operator should not see the contact information of customer."

1- Suppose you have the hidding option as a checkmark into the Preferences - who/how can deny the operator to toggle it and, therefore, be able to see the number?
    2- Since we discuss about outbound calls, such kind of scenario makes me think to a "speeddial-like-only" behavior, I mean no dial-keyboard available, just predefined speeddials buttons, "Customer 1", "Customer 2" and so on, able to be called without displaying any information, and the call/hangup buttons.
    3 - In case of 2, if you want to safely hide contact informations, it means no persistence support, no INI, no database, nothing - and it leads to a "provisioning-like" mechanism, you connect this "phone" to the PBX and you get a list of these "speedials" , kept in memory only.

Best regards
    vali

10. ice

ice New Member

Hi Vali,

1- Suppose you have the hidding option as a checkmark into the Preferences - who/how can deny the operator to toggle it and, therefore, be able to see the number?
    I think it should be system administrator, who check the option "hide number for inbound call" or "hide number for outbound call " in 3CX console.

2- Since we discuss about outbound calls, such kind of scenario makes me think to a "speeddial-like-only" behavior, I mean no dial-keyboard available, just predefined speeddials buttons, "Customer 1", "Customer 2" and so on, able to be called without displaying any information, and the call/hangup buttons.

Speeddials buttons, "Customer 1", "Customer 2" can be in CRM or other application, for example. But the operator have keypad (on softphone or standard sip-phone) to call to colleague or to emergency service.

3 - In case of 2, if you want to safely hide contact informations, it means no persistence support, no INI, no database, nothing - and it leads to a "provisioning-like" mechanism, you connect this "phone" to the PBX and you get a list of these "speedials" , kept in memory only.
    Speeddials only in external application. PBX only hide or change displaying number.
    Or it is can be released on softphone in special restricted area.

Now we need just to hide phone number on display, I know for 100% contact security it is necessary to do more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.