Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hide extension from Presence?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob Henderson, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Henderson

Hello-

Is there a way to hide an extension, or a bunch of extensions, from presence? We're using 3CX in conjunction with Algo 8180 speakers for a paging system in our elementary school. Each room's speaker has their own extensions, to allow us to have direct 2 way calls over it, as well as one of them setup as a 'master' for all calls.

The issue is we A) don't want all that information cluttering up the softphones and apps, and b) would prefer that someone had to enter a pin code to be able to use the all call.

Is the answer to setup page groups? I've read a bit on those, but the documentation was a bit..lacking.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can break extensions into different Group Names (rather than leave all in the Default), then manipulate who can and can't be seen.

3. Bob Henderson

That did it perfectly.

Since you seem to have this very well done, is there any way to put in a dial code to require to dial a specific extension? i.e. have to dial *99 before being able to dial extension 99999 , to help protect the 'all-call' bit of the intercom?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain that there is a way to block dialling a certain extension, other than at the originating set, using an internal dial-plan. There are roundabout ways to require additional digits to reach an extension, but that would not prevent anyone from dialling the extensions number. If your sets have an internal dialplan, that might be something to consider changing.

Perhaps other members, others have additional ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.