Hide outgoing caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pmaronier, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmaronier

I do apologize if this has been asked before. I could not find the answer however.

I would like to hide the caller ID when we make an outbound call, and as such make our number “private” or “hidden” for the receiving party.
    In our previous PBX (Swyx) this was just a checkbox under preferences/settings. I have been puzzled how this can be done with 3CX but whatever I try the number is always visible.

Can the outgoing caller id be hidden in someway ?

Many thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The method will depend on whether you are using a Gateway or VoIP provider, where in the world you are located (what you provider wants, and how you did it previously.

3. pmaronier

Hi Leejor,
    thx for the reply. I live in the Netherlands and use a patton 4552 gatway with ISDN (do not use voipproviders).

In our previous PBX (swyx) and gateway (SX2 express) it was just a setting in de the PBX itsself and you could also decide if you want the outgoing number to be shown per extension.

I looked everywhere in the patton and 3CX but can not figure out how to block the outgoing caller ID

Help is apreciated .

regards
    Peter

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with that gateway or what to send to block numbers in The Netherlands, but, Someone here probably is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.