Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hiding group membership in Assistant

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lukas, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukas

Hi! Is there a way to hide group membership in Assistant?

In other words: I don't mind an user to be able to see who are the other users in his same group, but, specifically, I would like to make it so that management extensions are not known company-wide (without hiding them). It would be perfect to have them listed under "not group members", in a very general way.

Is it possible to achieve this?

Thank you!

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, just so I understand correctly what you are trying to do

Example

Group A - Staff Members
    Group B – Managers
    From what you appear to ask, is it possible to hide the managers group from the Staff Group

Is this correct?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lukas

Correct. I'd like the staff to be aware of whether the managers' extensions are able to take calls, but I would rather not want everyone to know which extensions have management privileges...

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I am not sure if this will help you but you can give members of a group Admin rights.

This means that they are effectively in the management group but only for the group they are in.

So if you have 2 groups then it would work. If you have more than 2 groups and people need to manage both groups they have to be in management.

Move the people who just need to manage the Staff group into that group and give them admin rights in 3cx.

This way they will show up as just Staff members in the assistant but have extra options that others do not.

As i said, it works if they just need to manage their group (Eg. team leader, supervisor, department manager) but not if they need to manage 2 or more groups, then they have to be in management. Also explain to people that Management group means management of all groups in 3cx and not some job promotion (that often helps clear most misconceptions)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lukas

Mark, thanks for your input. Unfortunately I am in the situation where I am forced to put some extension under "Management", and you put your finger right on the sore spot: if it were called "sysadmins", "technical staff" or anything else I wouldn't have a problem. It's just the word "management" which makes it look like a humble technician has self-promoted himself where he does not belong. It's a matter of opportunity and of not irritating managers who can not be part of the management group... rather silly, I know -- but with so many words why choose "management" :p

At the moment I solved the problem by creating an additional extension that is not listed in the Assistant only for management purposes, so there is no "management" group shown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.