Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

High overall latency

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by snon, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snon

Hi,

we're running a 3cx v6 server on vmware ESX with phones connecting via VPN from a bunch of places. The network roundtrip times are in the 20-30ms range at any point and we've played around with the PBX delivers audio setting and other things but still get rather long (percieved) delays - especially on the conference server which we intend to use a lot, but right now only can use internally with people that accept the confusion of a roughly 2 second delay...

CPU usage with 4-5 callers is in the 5% range, memory in the 50% range of 1Gb and no other indications of a problem is visible.

My gut feeling is that we're looking at a buffering issue with the mediaserver somehow - can anyone share a light on what it does and if anything can be tuned?

EDIT: The phones used are SPA942 with fw 6.1.3(a)

Brgds

2. tekknow

We were previously using asterisk, and I can say that 3cx does generally suffer more latency.

I have not used the conference feature, however after making all calls use re-invites it is clearly way better.

I might also add that re-invites seem to work on 3cx where they have failed on Asterisk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.