High overall latency

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by snon, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snon

Hi,

we're running a 3cx v6 server on vmware ESX with phones connecting via VPN from a bunch of places. The network roundtrip times are in the 20-30ms range at any point and we've played around with the PBX delivers audio setting and other things but still get rather long (percieved) delays - especially on the conference server which we intend to use a lot, but right now only can use internally with people that accept the confusion of a roughly 2 second delay...

CPU usage with 4-5 callers is in the 5% range, memory in the 50% range of 1Gb and no other indications of a problem is visible.

My gut feeling is that we're looking at a buffering issue with the mediaserver somehow - can anyone share a light on what it does and if anything can be tuned?

EDIT: The phones used are SPA942 with fw 6.1.3(a)

Brgds

2. tekknow

We were previously using asterisk, and I can say that 3cx does generally suffer more latency.

I have not used the conference feature, however after making all calls use re-invites it is clearly way better.

I might also add that re-invites seem to work on 3cx where they have failed on Asterisk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.