• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hissing noise on phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykeen

Reaction score
Hi All.

This one seems a bit strange.

Client has a Grandstream 4108 with GXP2100's and 3CX V10.

This morning (we only installed yesterday) all the GXP's have a trailling hiss (that fades out) after they have spoken into the phone (This does not happen for internal calls).

The caller cannot hear the hiss and when the caller speaks they do not get the hiss.

Does anyone have any idea please?

Thank you
Andy Keen

Sounds like a setting in the gateway. Echo suppression settings perhaps? That is about the only thing I can think of that "trains" during the first bit of the conversation.

Hi leejor

Thank you for the help.

The noise happens at the end of what ever is being said - so for example if I were speaking this down the phone to you the noise or hiss would appear now....

And the same with this sentence....
(And lasts for about 1 second and tails off.)

The caller at the other end cannot hear it and it does not happen when the caller (at the other end) finishes speaking a sentence or word.

It's not an echo (but i appreciate where you are coming from).

I have echo suppression ON - should I try it off?

Could it be any of the gain settings?

Any further feedback would be of great help

Thank you
Andy

I haven't used that gateway myself so I'm not familiar with all of the available settings. I'm wondering if there is some sort of automatic gain (AGC?) that is over compensating for the silence, or, is attenuating the level then is "shut off" during the silent period only to boost the background noise.

Many gateways also have some sort of "comfort noise" setting so that callers don't experience complete silence during a lull in the conversation.

AndyKeen,

I was browsing on some other forums and some people found a solution to horrible noises by simply updating the firmware of their 4108 see if you can update your firmware or just give it factory reset and start anew hopefully that will help. I will continue looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.