hissing on inbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 4Business, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Business

Hi

I have the latest version (V11 SP1). a new client has let us know that when customers ring in they are hearing hissing on the line. This stops when the call is answered. The setup they have is 6 x SNOM 320 on a ring group that all ring when the main number is called - i changed this today and removed all but 1 of the extensions from the group to no avail. I have then removed the group and directed the main number to an extension (as you would with a DDI), this has solved the hissing but this isn't the way they want the system to work, so we need to resolve.

Any ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's odd that the noise would change when routed from a ring group to a single extension because, at the point of ringing, both types of calls should be terminated to 3CX and an audio path open from the caller (they should be listening to 3CX ringback tone).

You don't say what type of trunking you are using , or if it involves a gateway.

I would look over the 3CX log, comparing a call to the ring group, and one to a single extension, to see if there is any glaring difference in the way the call is handled, other than going to a different destination.

Is this an issue that has been there all along, or did it just start recently?

3. 4Business

Hi Leejor,

I think we've solved this one - when the main number is pointed to an extension then the tone that the caller hears will be the exchange generated tone, not the ring tone that we have installed on 3CX (to replace the default music on hold that plays for everything).
    When the ring group is in place the caller will hear the tone we have installed so it appears that our tone is poor quality :(
    If anyone knows where I can get a decent quality mp3 / wav though that would help

thanks for your input.

4. cfive

cfive Member

Hi 4business,

If you just want ringing, then use the US Progress Tone.wav that is included with 3cx.

Cheers, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.