Hold music from VoIP provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eku1s, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eku1s

Hi

Is it possible for 3CX to use the VoIP provider's hold music, rather than it's own?

I know the Epygi Quadro units do this, but am not aware of an option within 3CX to do this.

Thanks, Luke

2. paul.hadley

paul.hadley New Member

Go to Voip providers and select the relevant provider

On edit voip provider go to the "advanced" tab

Untick "PBX delivers Audio" and tick "Supports Re-Invite"

If the provider supports it this should give your callers their on hold music. You should also check that transfers are working OK after making the changes as a provider that does not fully support Re-Invites set this way may cut off calls on transfers, call parks etc.

You will also need to ensure that all extensions are also set this way (Untick "PBX delivers Audio" and tick "Supports Re-Invite") or they will get your music.

3. eku1s

OK, thanks for that.

We're using VoIPTalk. I'll give it a try.

Cheers.

4. eku1s

Hi

I'm afraid this didn't work.. I just get the 3CX music. I've restarted all 3CX services, and checked that the extension I was using had the same options.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks, Luke.

5. paul.hadley

paul.hadley New Member

I assume that you are referring to voiptalk.org

I don't have a 3CX system available but my colleague who has access to a Version 10 (SP6 I think) tested it for me.

It would only work with their music if G711U and G711a were disabled

It worked on G729a and ILBC on some occasions however some of the time it would play silence. In addition if the call was placed on hold for a second time 3CX MOH was played.

Also it was not always possible to pick the call back up after it was on hold. In general he said it caused considerable reliability problems and he would not recommend trying it. Additionally he said their music on hold was bloody awful, but I guess that is only his personal opinion !!!

Hope that helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.