Hold music from VoIP Providor

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RobLloyd, Aug 16, 2007.

1. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Does anyone else get a different hold music than what 3CX provides? With both the Linksys SPA9000 and 3CX systems, outside callers sometimes get a different hold music that what they should.
    I asked my ITSP and they said that's strange. Not sure how else different music would get in there.
    It doesn't happen all the time and I could probably reproduce it.

Seems like my ITSP is getting a hold request and they inject their own music.

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I can reproduce it easily now - I call in, DR picks up and I enter an extension. If I press XFER I get different hold music than the one from 3CX.

3. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Why don't you try to go to that extension that you tried sending the call to, with DR, and go the the advanced extension options in 3cx Management console, and UNtick support replaces, and TICK bind to media server. Let me know if this changes things at all..

Regards...

Btw , what is the brand/model of the extension you are forwarding to?

4. rapidtechltd

Un tick supports re invites

I had the same problem with VOIPFONE . i unticked supports reinvite and it now plays the on hold music i selected in 3cx

5. silentfun

silentfun Member

sometimes there is a holdmusic generated by the phone that transfer the call - but it depends on settings of phone and pbx

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

In current version - PBX manages hold requests in the same manner independently where from it is coming.