• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hold Music Only Plays for External Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivermsubadra

Reaction score
If a call is put on hold, the hold music only appears to play when the held party is an external caller/callee. If an internal call is put on hold, the caller/callee is presented with silence until the call is unheld. It looks as though all of the other audio files work for internal calls. Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?

What method are you using to put the callers on hold? Some sets handle things differently.

Well, we're using Ozeki-based softphones built in-house. A user presses a hold/unhold button on the phone, and a command is sent to the pbx. This happens for both internal and external calls.

Strange behaviour.
I assume you are using a gateway to the PSTN?
Maybe the command is send to the gateway for external calls and to the pbx for internal calls. Or maybe it is some dialcode thing and the codec used for external call supports it, and the other doesn't. But I have to admit those both guesses don't sound very convincing. Anyway the transfer from the gateway to the pbx (prior connect to the softphone) seems to work but not the transfer from the softphone to the pbx (prior connected to another softphone). You could look at the PCAP, those things should show up in the SIP messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.