hold music problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ipertrade, Oct 22, 2007.

1. ipertrade

Hi to everyone,

we're new to this product and so execuse us for the incompetence.
    We're testing the free edition with the objective to resell the poduct to our customers. we've bought, like reccomended in the 3cx site, one ISDN GATEWAY PATTON 4634 and some VOIP Phones GRANDSTREAM GXP-2000.
    We follow the configuration guides and all working except for one thing :
    when an external ( source ISDN ) call is place on HOLD the music is not the one we choose in the 3CX software but a woman voices the says "WAIT PLEASE".
    If the call is internal ( from one extension to another ) the HOLD music is correct.

Any ideas ?

2. bhavank

bhavank New Member

are you able to hear please hold while we transfer your call or something else.

3. ipertrade

Yes, when the call source is external we hear "Please Hold" translate in Italian language ( attendere prego ), but if the call is from one internal extension to another internal extension we hear the hold music of the 3cx pbx software .

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Sounds like your Please Hold is coming from your ITSP. I get the same thing sometime (just with music) but can't figure out why. Neither can my ITSP but neither of us has pushed it to find out.

5. bhavank

bhavank New Member

Please check that your Gateway is having its own IVR enable or disabled as gateways also do have their own IVR system. And even few sofphone have their own predefined hold music, please check and let me know.

6. ipertrade

I think that is my gateway that play this voice but we search in the configuration but no result.
    Our gateway is a PATTON 4634 ISDN BRI.
    The strange thing is that the voice of ON HOLD is in Italian Language and we didn't find any localization parameter in the gateway.

7. deangelisg

Hi, i have the same problem with a same patton 4634, have you solved?