• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hold music when calling a number from MyPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

eku1s

Reaction score
Hi

Is there any way to disable the hold music for when making a call through the MyPhone software?

I wish to just hear a ringing tone, but I don't want to disable hold music for the entire system.

Thanks

Luke

I am also interested in doing this.

Which phone do you have?

Maybe this will help you:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-setup-snom/

Have implemented mixig's suggestion on Yealink T26P & T22P phones ... works a treat as it by-passes the need for the 3CX to call your phone & put it on hold while it establishes the call with the party you want to dial.
Does need manual config for every MyPhone however ...

There's a reference to triggering calls on Cisco phones by URL with a third-party plugin, but this is such a minor issue that it isn't worth the time right now.

I have created a new file with a few seconds of silence before the hold music, and am using that now. The silence lasts long enough for the call to connect, anyone on hold for more than a few seconds gets to hear the music, and it requires no changes on a per-phone/per-user basis.

Parked calls and held conference calls have their MOH files specified separately, so they have no delay.

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't any email notifications.

I have Cisco SPA 303 phones (basically the same as the 500 series).

It plays the hold music plus some beeps while waiting for the other person to pick up. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Luke

As I understand it the way make call works from myphone is basically a conference call. The phone system calls your phone and then conferences in the number you are trying to dial, which is why you hear the hold music during call setup.

I think what needs to be done here is to allow you to choose a separate "hold" music for conference calls like you can with parked calls. At least this way if you wanted you could just have silence or whatever.

netswork said:
As I understand it the way make call works from myphone is basically a conference call. The phone system calls your phone and then conferences in the number you are trying to dial, which is why you hear the hold music during call setup.

I think what needs to be done here is to allow you to choose a separate "hold" music for conference calls like you can with parked calls. At least this way if you wanted you could just have silence or whatever.

I just tried your solution, I changed default conference music on hold and there is that new music, but still when calling through myphone there is still default music on hold

It must be doing some sort of call transfer then rather than a conference.

I think that makecall music cannot be changed...

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/MakeCall-Music-On-Hold/87151-9854

old posts but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.