Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hold music when calling a number from MyPhone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eku1s, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eku1s

Hi

Is there any way to disable the hold music for when making a call through the MyPhone software?

I wish to just hear a ringing tone, but I don't want to disable hold music for the entire system.

Thanks

Luke

2. greatlakes

I am also interested in doing this.

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Which phone do you have?

Maybe this will help you:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-setup-snom/

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Have implemented mixig's suggestion on Yealink T26P & T22P phones ... works a treat as it by-passes the need for the 3CX to call your phone & put it on hold while it establishes the call with the party you want to dial.
    Does need manual config for every MyPhone however ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. greatlakes

There's a reference to triggering calls on Cisco phones by URL with a third-party plugin, but this is such a minor issue that it isn't worth the time right now.

I have created a new file with a few seconds of silence before the hold music, and am using that now. The silence lasts long enough for the call to connect, anyone on hold for more than a few seconds gets to hear the music, and it requires no changes on a per-phone/per-user basis.

Parked calls and held conference calls have their MOH files specified separately, so they have no delay.

6. eku1s

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't any email notifications.

I have Cisco SPA 303 phones (basically the same as the 500 series).

It plays the hold music plus some beeps while waiting for the other person to pick up. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Luke

7. netswork

netswork Active Member

As I understand it the way make call works from myphone is basically a conference call. The phone system calls your phone and then conferences in the number you are trying to dial, which is why you hear the hold music during call setup.

I think what needs to be done here is to allow you to choose a separate "hold" music for conference calls like you can with parked calls. At least this way if you wanted you could just have silence or whatever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mixig

mixig Active Member

I just tried your solution, I changed default conference music on hold and there is that new music, but still when calling through myphone there is still default music on hold

9. netswork

netswork Active Member

It must be doing some sort of call transfer then rather than a conference.

10. mixig

mixig Active Member

I think that makecall music cannot be changed...

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/MakeCall-Music-On-Hold/87151-9854

old posts but still...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.