Hold on Bria Professional

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tobiastromm, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Hi :lol:

I'm using the Bria Professional with 3CX.

It´s possible to put the call on hold (with hold sound generated by 3CX Server)?

When I use the 3CX Softphone and I press the transfer button the 3CX Server automatically play the Hold song, but when I use Bria Professional the call stay in silence.

It´s possible to fix it?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

If the 3CXPhone works and the Bria phone does not, then it simply means this is something Bria has to fix from their part :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Hi...

I see that happens only with the PSTN calls.

If I put a local extension on Hold or Transfer works fine.

If I put a PSTN call (LINKSYS SPA 3102) on Hold or try to transfer the call is disconected (ended).

But, on 3CX Softphone works fine for both cases.

Can be some configuration on Bria or in 3CX Server?

4. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Another observation.

Happens only when I make the call, if I receive the call the problem don't happens.

The PSTN calls start with 0.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Try to configure the extension which is handled by "bria" as "supports re-Invites=off"
    Does it resolve the problem?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Ei Stepan!

Problem solved!

Thank You alot! :p :D

By the way, on Bria when i transfer some call I can use the option "Call then transfer".

So, I talk to the people that i will transfer the call and then press transfer.

On 3CX Softphone i don't find this option, it exist?

I just find Transfer, that, like on Bria "Transfer this call" just send the call to the another extension and I can't talk with the people that i will transfer the call.

Thank You again.

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

3CX Phone is not "a clone of 'bria'". How to do "attended" and/or "blind" transfer is clearly described in documentation.
    http://www.3cx.com/VOIP/ip-phone-help/Using-3CXphone.html
    There are no options you need to "choose" when you press transfer button... It is not necessary...

P.S. BTW, the problem of 'bria' phone is not resolved. It is just "masked" using abilities of 3CX PhoneSystem... Could you please provide information to "ground" the issue?

8. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Stepan, great!

I'm not criticizing 3CX Softphone.

That's what i need: :)

"Attended transfer

1.Whilst on a call, click on ‘Line 2’, which will automatically put the call on hold.
    2.Now dial the number you want to transfer the call to and announce call to the callee.
    3.To transfer the call, click the transfer button, followed by the Line 1 button (which will be flashing). The call will be transferred"

Thank You.

What information I need to provide to "ground" the issue?

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I didn't mension criticism in my post. Sorry if I formulated it "ambiguous". Also, I'm not criticizing bria. :)
    I need to check wireshark capture from your PBX host for the call senario where music on hold doesn't work. Such problems are not expected with counterpath products.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.