Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hold Reminder ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeff yager, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff yager

Hello All, looking to implement a ring/reminder tone when a call is on hold for X amount of time. How can I go about doing this?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If speaking to "on hold" only, then these are parameters usually set in the phone. Yealink as an example, has a setting that enables or disables the tone and then another that sets the interval by which the tone will sound...if enabled.

3. jeff yager

Using all grandstreams and MOSTLY gxp2120's

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I took a quick look at the documentation for the 2120 and did not see a similar setting. You might wish to visit the GS forum and submit a query on the matter and perhaps they can advise further on how to do, if available, or perhaps include in a future firmware release. In the meantime, you could explore "parking" and its available options. Take a look at the settings and you will see some options on how it works.

The 1450 model has a call waiting tone enable and disable which I did not see in the 2120. Sometimes, the manufacturers will use essentially the same methodology for the two (call waiting/hold functions with regards to tones) but I could not really tell if that was the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.