• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Holiday Greeting not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

combatflyinfish

Reaction score
Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to setup a holiday message? Apparently I’m not doing it correctly because when I did it for Thanksgiving it didn’t work right.
This is what I did before that didn’t work:
Went to Setting, General then clicked the “Configure Holidays” button. Selected my start date and finish dates, recorded my message and saved everything.
When you called in you got the “After Hours” message instead of the message I recorded.
Also, what about ½ days? We’re taking a ½ day off on New Year’s Eve so the message needs to start at 1200 and go for the rest of the day.

Thanks in advance!

Holidays is a multi-step process and does not currently support holi-half-days, holi--quarter-days, etc. I wish it did , as I get this question from many clients who, want to be able to shut down a little early for various reasons. I also get the reverse, where say for the day after New Years, perhaps open a little later than normal.

In any event, the first thing to do is to configure the holiday schedule up along with the message desired. You apparently did this, but what you failed to do is to tell the system about how you wanted the configuration implemented. This is where you may have to play around a bit to fit your needs.

Every install is different. Some are small and only use one type of access/carriage whereas other installs can be quite large and use multiple methods (SIP/PRI/Analog Gateways, etc). You may want all to know about the holiday whereas others may have DID lines going into offices that will be shut down, but might have support centers and such that may still be open. Even others may want to express a message but still leave some of the DIgital Receptionist actions in place such that voice mail can still be reached should a caller want to leave.

Once the date and message has been established, you then need to go to the port/trunk and or DID number themselves and indicate if the Holiday setting is applicable. You can also use the aforementioned in conjunction with the HOL Digital Receptionist and configure this so as to employ for the specifics of your desired implementation. Again, you may/should play with it a bit to ensure it works the way you want, but with a little effort, there should be a mechanism that will fit the bill.

For the U.S. user base (do not know about the others) there is one annoying issue and that is the addition of system generated messages to your message. If you should simply make a recording and save; the system will/may then append the already supplied office closed wav file followed by the "Goodbye" generated message and then a hang-up. The office closed wav file has a girl speaking with a somewhat pronounced English (almost cockney) accent, saying "Sorry, our offices are closed. Please try later". You may want to re-record this wav or change the name such that it does not get called into the routine automatically.

Again, I cannot stress enough that you should experiment with the settings to make it work for you in your specific instance. Some can be rather lengthy given the size and types of implementations around and waiting till the last minute may not prove to have been the wise strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.