Holiday message recording issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MayneMatt, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MayneMatt

Hi, so I've upgraded to V15.5 SP2 and whenever I try to record a holiday message on a handset the call goes through, but when I pick up the call, the prompts system tells me "File not found" and goes silent. I've tried recording over existing files this makes the file disappear. I can upload files created externally but the convenience of being able to record from a handset will be missed. The license is standard. Handsets are Yealink and this worked with V14.

The log logs this:
    12/18/2017 5:46:33 PM - NAT/ALG check:L:XXX.X[Extn:XXX] RESPONSE 200 on 'INVITE' - some of SIP/SDP headers contain inconsistent information or modified by intermediate hop SIP contact header is not equal to the SIP packet source(IP:port):
    Contact address:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060
    Received from :xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:11947

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @MayneMatt

From which menu are you trying to record the file from and what handset are you using? Can you replicate the issue using a 3CX client? Also is the handset local to the server or remote?
    Can you record a voicemail prompt? Do you experience the same issue?

3. MayneMatt

The menu is from the sidebar:
    Settings > Timezone & Office Hours Settings > Configure Holidays > Add > Record
    I configure a holiday with the time and dates and try to record.
    I am using a Yealink T46G we have the same problem with our Yealink T28 handsets, these are the only handsets we have. All handsets are local to the server. None of our workstations have microphones so I can't test the 3C Client easily.
    Recording a voicemail prompt has the same issue.

4. MayneMatt

3cx server is up to date as well with no outstanding updates to be applied.

5. Archie Frederic

Do you have a firewall on your network? If yes, is SIP ALG turned on?

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The first thing i would suspect is windows permissions. It looks like the file cannot be created and so the recording is not possible. You can navigate to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts and see if the files are being created or not.

7. MayneMatt

Yes I have a firewall. Our Linksys EA2700 router doesn't seem to have a setting for SIP ALG. The 3CX firewall test passed when I ran it a few weeks ago. All the handsets are behind the firewall, wouldn't this mean the firewall settings won't matter as the handsets can talk directly to the server without passing through the firewall?

8. MayneMatt

The files aren't being created, in fact, if I use a file name for a file that already exists that file is deleted. What should the permissions on the folder be?

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The user system should have full control over the folder. Also if there is any antivirus software on the server un-install it and restart the machine. Then try again. The AV software might be interfering with the files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.