• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved holiday schedule not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholbrookFTLtechnology

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
i have 3 of these systems set up. 2 of them are working as expected, one of them is using the normal hours and not playing the holiday greeting. all 3 were set up to have the same holiday schedule. no matter what i do i cannot get it to use the holiday schedule.

the only difference is that the one that is not working had it's DIDs imported via CSV and yes holiday prompts column were all 1s and the include holiday was also all set to 1s.

i've even removed the SIP provider and all inbound rules and then manually added back the provider and the main number that should be ringing to the holiday and manually setting it to observe global holidays without success.

and now that i've done all of this i can't import the export of DIDs that i did just before i made the changes.

i was able to do a restore and get my DIDs back like they were but global holidays are still not playing properly. i've gone in and created an IVR and pointed the main number to it to play the labor day prompt and manually set the phone system to out of office hours but this is only a workaround and not a fix.

Try rebooting the pbx and see if it kicks in holiday mode.

tried that and it did not. it will not play the holiday prompt no matter what i do except crating a new IVR set to play that specific recording.

Does it not play the hol greeting or does it follow business hours greeting and routing?

An interesting thing on newer 3CX releases. If you have a greeting on the holiday schedule for that day then it plays that greeting and not the greeting attached to the HOL digital receptionist. Older versions would play the scheduled message and then the HOL greeting.

it's following business hours. i have no specific greeting for HOL. if i call in with the system running without manually setting it to after-hours it rings the business day destinations.

i have tried setting it to in-hours and then restarting services, and even rebooting the whole server and it still rings regular hours destinations.

i've tried all of the following.

removed the main inbound rule and manually added it back with the settings i want

tried removing the SIP trunk (this was disastrous as i couldn't import the inbound rules after i did this and had to restore from backup to recover) i couldn't even add inbound DIDs manually.

restart server

restart services

added a SIP trunk from another provider and set up a phone number completely manually that was never part of the import from CSV and that number rings to daytime business path.

i'm sure i've tried other things but nothing has been successful.

Then perhaps the day, time or time zone on the server/vm is incorrect?

Checked, all correct.

Put in a ticket with 3CX for resolution.

now the system didn't change back to in-office hours like it was supposed to.

Hi @jholbrookFTLtechnology

Just a couple of points to be aware of:

1.) Forced out of office means it will remain that way permanently. It won't change back unless you dial your code again. For example if the code for forcing is *9 then you will have to dial *90 to return to Default Office Hours ( 0 = default, 1 = force in office, 2 = force OoO)

2.) Holidays need to be set up before their date/time occurs otherwise the trigger will not work

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
that answers why it's ignoring the schedule (dialing 0 for default)

as for the holiday it was set long in advance of the holiday so it's still a question as to why it did not trigger properly.

If the you were forced IN/OUT office hours the holiday would not apply. It will only work if you are on default office hours so that would also explain why they did not trigger I suppose

it did not, i manually set it to out of hours only after i discovered that it had not triggered the holiday like it was supposed to. the schedule issue came up this morning and was because i had not changed it back to using the default schedule.

the issue with the holiday schedule remains.

Ok for sanity-check purposes :)

1. For the following, use a PC with correct time that is in the same timezone as the PBX machine is serving
  2. Check PBX machine time/date and timezone (especially windows hosts)
  3. Check management console timezone
  4. Use dial code and ensure you hear PBX is using DEFAULT hours (not, in-office hours)
  5. Remove any existing holidays, we want to start from scratch now
  6. Add a new holiday say for 10 minutes from now and make it last for 15 mins lets say, with a custom audio message that is distinctive and playback the message using a phone for verification
  7. Go to the main trunk, general tab, click " Play holiday prompt when it's a global holiday " and press ok. Do not set up Specific Office Hours for this trunk, we want to test global now.
  8. Note that my inbound rules page is empty here, I want to check basic functionality without any third factors getting in the way.
Now wait until a minute after the holiday starts, and call your trunk. You should now hear the message.
Equally, when the 15 mins are up, you should go back to Global office hours and the PBX will accept calls again.

Remember, these settings are per trunk so holiday only means that the trunk routing is the only thing that changes. It won't sent the call to its normal destination but rather play a message and hang up when you call that specific DID (and provided you only register that DID on one machine, not any others or any standby servers or have any call forwards from the provider side etc. just be sure you are actually reaching the intended trunk on the intended machine with the intended holiday being tested).

Hope I didn't TMI you into a TL;DR, let me know if I can be of further assistance :)

the culprit has been found. the receptionist had come in that morning and manually set the phone system to in hours because she thought she had to in order to call out. i did a test last night with it back in original schedule and it changed to the test holiday i made for it as it should have. she was out yesterday and after speaking with her today discovered this.

thanks for the input.

No problem, glad to hear it was sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.