Holidays - Schedule options

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by solutionsit, Mar 30, 2016.

Holidays - Schedule options 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. solutionsit

Nov 25, 2014

Thanksgiving in canada is on second Monday of October. Which changes every year. It's silly to have to change this every year and most clients will forget.

Labour Day in canada is on first monday in september

This style of date setting should be enabled for daylight savings time.
    the60 likes this.
  2. WolfgangOne

Nov 17, 2016
    I concur with this. It shouldn't be terribly difficult, either, though it takes a bit of wrapping your head around it. In, say, Asterisk, you can set holidays like this:

Independence Day: *|*|4|jul
    Christmas: *|*|25|dec
    NewYear: *|*|1|jan
    MartinLutherKing: *|mon|15-21|jan
    Valentines: *|*|14|feb
    StPatDay *|*|17|mar
    Halloween *|*|31|oct
    Thanksgiving *|thu|22-28|nov
    MemorialDay *|mon|25-31|may
    LaborDay *|mon|1-7|sep
    Pres/WashBday *|mon|15-21|feb
    MothersDay *|sun|8-14|may
    FathersDay *|sun|15-21|jun

What this means for the sort-of "floating" holidays, like Thanksgiving, is that you're telling it to go to holiday mode on any THURSDAY (and only a Thursday) that falls between the 22nd and 28th of November, which are the minimum and maximum possible dates for it. At my old job, with Asterisk, I was thus able to program the thing to be more or less futureproof. I was also able to include things like being closed the day after Thanksgiving and the Monday or Friday nearest to Independence Day, as appropriate per company regs.

But in oh-so-easy 3CX, I guess I'll just sit down this afternoon and program in the next ten years worth of holidays.
    One at a time.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    the60 likes this.