Hope I Ordered Correct Hardware

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bassackwards, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassackwards

Hello All,

After having many problems with my ISP ( data & SIP trunks ), I'm ditching then in favor for Comcast's Metro Fiber & PRI. They will be installing an Adtran 908e at my facility. I have in front of me a Patton 4960 ( SN4960/1E24V/UI ). I'm starting to think that I ordered the wrong hardware.

Nervously, awaiting feedback...

Thanks,

Brian

Edit: Typo fixed. Had Adtran 980e. Should have been 908e

2. Ian Joyce

The Patton unit is top of the line so I wouldn't be too nervous about that, the build is solid and their direct support is outstanding if you are not able to lean on the partner you purchased the 3CX from for support.

Here is a link to a video on getting one of those configured with 3CX.

http://www.888voip.com/configuring-a-patton-4960-pri-gateway-with-3cx/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's the correct device for a PRI connection to a T1 (E1 in Europe).

Couldn't find any info on the Adtran 980e, but I assume it to be a fibre to DS1 converter.

4. efounco

efounco New Member

We have a 4960 connected to a T1 (DS-1) PRI here at work. It's rock solid! Patton is a really good company. If you have any problems, send them an email. You will likely get a response in less than an hour.

Configuration is easy. Simply follow the instructions on the 3CX site to generate a config file. Then, upload the config file using the Patton's WEB interface; that's it! The ONLY thing you "might" need to manually configure in Short Haul vs Long Haul in the Web interface (under the T1 section). If you have a DS-1, select long haul. If you have a DS-X, select short haul. This information will be provided by the phone company or in the documentation for the PRI.

Once you get the config installed, go ahead and flash the firmware to the latest version. Ours came with a firmware that was 3+ years old and had issues with non-ASCII characters and Caller ID. The firmware upgrade fixed all of our bugs.

Don't worry. At first, I was intimidated by all the settings of the Patton and phone company jargon. After following the instructions and selecting the correct build-out, it was up and running like magic. Also, the phone company will likely give you a trial period to make sure everything works before cutting over to a new circuit.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I would have no worries as Patton are head over heels ahead of the competition when it comes to service and performance however you will pay for that in the upfront cost. The gateways are a breeze to configure everything you will need can be found on 3CXs save the config and upload from Pattons web GUI. I had the same issue as efounco on my last three patton gateways (extremely old firmware) but you can find the most updated supported firmware on 3cxs site was well and import again using Pattons web GUI. http://www.isysbrokers.com/index.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

That is certainly the best product for your application. You could save a few dollars with the 4940 however.

7. Bassackwards

Thank You all for your feedback. My brain is at ease now. I'm very excited to get this setup and finally have a working/stable system.

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.