Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Host your 3CX PBX on Microsoft Azure

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bianca, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    stefanprasch and Nick Galea like this.
  2. 3xs

3xs

Excelent news! Congrats 3CX Team!

Bianca and Nick Galea like this.
  3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Good to hear of official Azure support. After reading the blog post and instructions articles, I'm left wondering:

- What kind of machine is created? I assume this is the Debian version, not Windows?
    - What machine specs are recommended (memory, processor, disk) and what Azure machine type does that correspond to? Maybe a couple examples based on number of simultaneous calls...
    - Does the wizard take care of the necessary options for creating a fixed IP, opening firewall ports, clock configuration (Hyper-V integration?), etc?

I've been running 3CX on Azure for a couple years under Windows Server 2012 R2. Works great since they started supporting static MAC addresses. Is 3CX on Windows on Azure now supported as well? Is there an article about how to configure that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

mcbsys likes this.
  5. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

6. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

thx for the attention to the document, we will update it.

Our tests have only been made at current with Debian 9 on Azure and we do not plan to test Windows as the main focus is the usage via PBXexpress.

7. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thank you for the clarification.

8. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I moved my 3CX to the Azure using this, works great! Right now using SBC connection for the office phones and STUN for the home phones to connect and all works well.

I would love to test On-Prem to Azure VPN instead for the office phones.but the way the 3cx pbxexpress tool created the virtual network the subnet assigned to the VM consumes the entire virtual network subnet class 10.0.0.0/16 of a 10.0.0.0/16 subnet.

As such I can't create a gateway vpn subnet inside the virtual network subnet to allow communications.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-about-vpngateways

Do you have any suggestions on this? It would be extremely helpful to use on-prem to azure vpn for larger locations instead of sbc.

I'm no azure expert but what I found is that I can't edit the subnet settings if there are VMs using it. I can stop the VM but it still won't let me edit it. From what I can find the only way to correct it is to delete and re-create the VM but i'm not comfortable doing that because likely it will mess up other things.

9. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

you can just change the network and move the instance to this new network (reboot of instance is needed)....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.