• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hosted 3CX wont allow outbound calls on Gamma Sip Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Brennan

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 3CX instance that has been hosted by 3CX with Gamma and I am not able to make outbound calls. All other features including internal and inbound calls are connecting normally.

From the logs i get a 404 result as I believe that the wrong details are being passed. I have not been able to find what the correct settings would be for a Gamma Trunk despite extensive searching and a lot of trial and error.
Can anyone confirm what the Outbound Parameters would be?

Many thanks,

The log shows:

has failed. 35.25.**.** replied: 404 User unknown.; from IP:35.25.**.**:5060

Check number format for dialed number, maybe your provider is expecting dialed number in different format

Very little should need to be changed as it is a templated/supported trunking provider.

I have used Gamma before and at one point had to change the "Put Public IP in SIP VIA Header" but this was due to a network configuration problem.

Bit of a basic question but I do not see anything mentioned in your initial email - do you have an Outbound rule setup for this trunk - and ensure that your first route is not set to "BLOCK CALLS".

Hi,
The number format comes through with the format ie. 02071112233.

Very little should need to be changed as it is a templated/supported trunking provider.

I have used Gamma before and at one point had to change the "Put Public IP in SIP VIA Header" but this was due to a network configuration problem.

Bit of a basic question but I do not see anything mentioned in your initial email - do you have an Outbound rule setup for this trunk - and ensure that your first route is not set to "BLOCK CALLS".

Yes i have an outbound Rule that I have copied from a different 3CX build on a different Sip Trunk which is able to make outbound calls with no problem.
upload_2018-1-22_11-33-0.png

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Paul Brennan

Please note that Gamma is a supported provider and the template included in the management console is correctly configured with all the necessary settings for Gamma. With that in mind i would recommend deleting the trunk and re-adding it to make sure that all settings the the default ones. If you still cannot perform outbound calls then navigate to trunk settings / Options and make sure that the option "Put Public IP in SIP VIA Header" is enabled and the correct public IP is populated in the field.

Hello @Paul Brennan

Please note that Gamma is a supported provider and the template included in the management console is correctly configured with all the necessary settings for Gamma. With that in mind i would recommend deleting the trunk and re-adding it to make sure that all settings the the default ones. If you still cannot perform outbound calls then navigate to trunk settings / Options and make sure that the option "Put Public IP in SIP VIA Header" is enabled and the correct public IP is populated in the field.

I have rebuilt the sip Trunk twice and left the settings as per default and i can confirm the correct external IP address is set for the SIP Header. I am still having the same issue.
I have spoken to Gamma and they have advise that they are not seeing the call on their logs so it appears that the call is not reaching them.

Thanks.

Are you seeing any errors in the activity log of the PBX when you try to make a call? You may need to set the logging level to verbose and restart services in order to capture more details about the issue. You could also run a wireshark and check if the call is leaving the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.