Hosted Setup...incoming yes, outgoing NO!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lenardb79, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenardb79

I have the google hosted setup with callcentric as our provider. Incoming calls no issue, but we have for testing a windows 10 softphone and an android softphone. I have a GXV3140 (used on a 5 yr old on-premise version of 3cx and it worked then) but will not provision now...but ill deal with that next.

I set the outgoing rules as I am used to and as per the 3cx manual and callcentric/3CX (they support 3cx) and still no go.

Ideas?

anyone with callcentric and 3cx can give me their outgoing setup or any other advice.

BTW...the softphones just upon hitting dial, say "Declined" all I want is strip the +1 and then dial 9 and the 10 digit # im calling. while still allowing for me to dial the 3 digit extensions wit now issue

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Lenardb79

It might be that the call is not matching any outbound rule. Check your activity log for more info as to why the call is declined.
    Also, make sure that in the extension settings >> Options you did not enable the option to disable external calls.
    Can you share a screenshot of your outbound rules and format of the number you are dialing?

JCLloyd likes this.
  3. Sampl

are the Caller ID fields filled in on the extensions?

4. Lenardb79

upload_2018-3-20_16-29-21.png upload_2018-3-20_16-29-21.png

when I copy/paste logs and try to post it says I am trying to post spam....:(

I do not have an extension > then, Options area...now under extensions, I do not see anything that says under any tab "disable external calls" or similar

...and yes Outbound Caller Id is filled in, should I leave empty?

5. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Try removing the + sign from the prefix, as I am guessing your outgoing calls do not have + sign - activity log will confirm this

Instead of the + sign on the prefix, add one extension number into the extension field to see if this works.

I would say you need to setup your outbound rules correctly, https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/outbound-rules/

If the number being dialled does not match any of the outbound rules, the call will fail - any failures look in the activity log to see the format of the number being dialled.

#5 Saqqara, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  6. Sampl

Nope that is good :). I remember having this very issue, was able to receive but not call out. the issue was that there was no number in the caller ID field that was registered on the trunk so it couldn't resolve.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm with Saqqara. Simplify your outbound rules using only numeric characters, to see if that works. hen later , incorporate additional rules that make use of + and convert to the international/national prefix. Post an Activity Log of a failed call so we can see how far it gets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.