• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hot desking with 3CX phone software

datamerge

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
For shared workstation areas, etc. The ability to use CTI to control another extension's phone from your own 3CX phone software. I.E. You login at a shared workstation that has physical handset on some arbitrary extension. You login with your 3CX phone and "bind" with that handset and it is now your handset until you logout.

Reactions: Sid.raul
Upvote 12
This hot desking feature is extremely popular at traditional PBX Systems such as Avaya, Nortel, Cisco, etc and customer considering to replace their old system are used to get this feature and they can´t understand that a better and more modern solution does not include this feature.

With Snom/Yealink phones you can get something http://www.3cx.com/docs/yealink-hot-desking/ but I notice that the password the phone is asking when hot-desking is the SIP password, in my believe this is a security risk because to make it possible for the user to key in their password we need to make it somehow easy for the user to remember it and also to be able to key it in via the phone.

I´d be great to get this feature native for every kind of phone, including of course the 3CX Softphone and with a separate password when hot-desking, for example the voicemail password.

Reactions: IGE and jlinds
Agreed. We use this feature and set the SIP password the same as the voicemail PIN - weak but user friendly.

Reactions: jlinds

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sprice352
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.