Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hot Desking with Yealink & 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ClaytonNZ, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaytonNZ

Hi,

I have a number of Yealink T22P IP Phones which I want to use the Hot Desking Feature on. For those that know these phones you get two modes. Basic and Advanced.
    Basic Mode means you have to enter up to 5 boxes of information before you can login.
    Advanced mode points to an XML file on a server (which pre-configures) the phone with SIP Server details etc and only requires a Username and Password to log into the phone.

I have not been able to find any details on the XML file, whats required in it etc for the advanced mode. If anyone has anything info it would be appreciated! Yealink support don't seem to be responding to my info requests!

The article on http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/hot-desking-with-3cx-phone-system/ seems to be quite different to the options/view I see on my Yealink phones.

Thanks!

2. ClaytonNZ

Thats embrassing, looks like the Firmware upgrade for T22P (7.60.23.14) http://yealink.co.uk/downloads does just the two fields in Basic Mode (Username and Password).

3. nbailey

nbailey Member

In the article I did state you needed to upgrade to a different firmware for the feature to work. This is why you had different results when trying it out. I have heard something about Advanced mode but couldn't find any information for the firmware tested when I did that blog post.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. septrivium

Has anyone managed to have hot-desking with the t22p?

I can do it relatively easy with the t28p, but the t22p requires more field to be filled out by the user which is confusing to them.

T22p firmware 7.61.23.10
    T28p firmware 2.61.23.10
    3CX version 10.0.24018.2322

thanks in advance!

David Maayani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.