Hot-Desking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gavpop, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gavpop

Hello all,

First time poster here!

I'm currently testing out 3CX with a view to replacing our old Nortel System.
    So far so good - 3CX is looking very good indeed.

There is one piece of functionality that would be beneficial to me - that being the ability for people to log-in & log-out of their telephones.
    What I would like is a system whereby at night (midnight), all phones automatically log-out.
    People arrive at their desks the next day and are forced to log-in to their phone. And so on and so forth.

Does this exist in 3CX?...or even within Avaya/Nortel 1120e phones?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Possibly.

First take look at the blog and do a search on hot desking. I think there are some limitations as to which phones support the feature.
    You can then decide the suitability of how configuring office hours for a given extension may work or even global office hours. It really depends on what you want the system to do once your time period has come.

My only question is, assuming that you have dual or various shifts, is how do you ensure that the people who start the day perform their respective log-off when the next person comes in at shift change?

You also have the MyPhone app which may help in some circumstances manage calls. It.really depends on what it is you are really trying to control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.