Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hot Deskting and CTI (web client)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bembel, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bembel

I have just configured Hot Desking on our v15.5 SP3 + Hotfix and while calling works fine I cannot use the web client for the HD phone.

This is the situation:

we have a team of receptionists who all have their own office with a Snom phone and they work a schedule where they have to work at the reception for a day each and also use a phone there which I thought made sense to put into HD mode. While logon on works great, using the web client actually remote controls their office phone instead of the one at the reception. For example trying to call someone (call list, presence info etc) triggers the office workplace phone to dial instead of the phone at the reception where they have just logged in manually.

How would I configure this correctly?

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Bembel

If more than one phones are registered with the extension that you use to login to the web client, you will need to select the phone that you want to control as shown below:
    upload_2018-3-21_17-59-22.png

3. Bembel

Hello @mariosM_3CX

Thank you so much for the quick reply - I have to admit I have completely blocked access to the web client until now because we'd rather use the Windows client and I don't want to confuse my colleagues.

But following up on your answer I get this in the web client:

upload_2018-3-21_17-3-19.png

Is there a way to rename the phones displayed here to make it more transparent eg. renaming one phone to "Reception D375" or something?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Haha, very funny - both phones are selected and I cannot chose only one - what now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.