Hotdesk Beta Users Needed (Aastra phones)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by worksighted, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Good morning. I have been working on a XML based hotdesking application that works between Aastra IP phones and the 3CX system. I'm looking to have about 10 people test this application and get me some feedback to fix initial bugs. This application will be released freely to the community. I do plan to adapt it to other XML enabled phones in the near future but at the moment its designed for Aastra.

If you are not familiar with the concept of hotdesking, it allows users to "logon" at the phone and have a phone assume their extension number. This is very useful for offices where users roam around to different desks quite often.

If you are interested please PM me your contact information and I will email you a library of files and install instructions. I'd like to work out major kinks before releasing to the rest of the users.

There will be a web management piece to this application that probably will be released to beta testers a week or so after I send the initial files. So you will need to be comfortable editing some simple config files.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nubuzz

Hi Mike,

We are a Dutch reseller of 3CX we would like to beta test your aastra hotdesking aplication.

Could you send me the xml app.

jeroenbenschop@nubuzz.nl

Greetz

3. shahul

Hi Mike,

I would really love to that that application. However, I using linksys phone, do you think it would work. I have about 20 staff for beta users.

Regards
    Shahul

4. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Hey Guys. Be glad to include you. We are updating for version 7 at the moment now. I will get it out to you as soon as its ready.

Best,

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NWTech

We are running 100% aastra with 7.0 and would like to test the XML app. We are also running 100% 2.4 firmware on 57i and 55i phones. Is there someone at 3cx that is the aastra guru? We are having a problem that support is dragging their feet. Sinice our roll over to 7 the aastra phones just restart randomly. Aastra is scratching their heads as is Deerfield support.

6. worksighted

worksighted New Member

I can confirm this is an issue. I have been addressing this as well with another partner. If you roll back to 2.3 firware the situation should improve. I have been working to figure this one out more precisely.

Mike

7. NWTech

Thank-you Mike,

After many phone calls Aastra has finally admitted they added a feature that 3CX does not support that restarts the phone. They to said roll back to 2.3 and phones still restart. I finally rolled back to 2.2.0.116 the most current support firmware and the phones to date (5 hours and counting) have not restarted. We lost all ofthe webapp features in the roll back but at least they are not restarting at the moment. My 3cx distrubition is still dragging their feet. I cannot be the ony one having this issue. We have seen it 6 phones ranging from a 55i to a 57i CT.

Thank-you

8. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Which feature did they indicate they added? Was it the watchdog service?

Its hit and miss for me. I have seen it on the 57is but I cant get my 55is to crash. But I dont think you are crazy....its definitely happening.

Mike

9. worksighted

worksighted New Member

10. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Sorry, thats in the partner forum....do you have access to that? If not I can create another thread.

11. NWTech

I am not able to get to that area. I am not a direct 3cx partner. I am partner thru a distrubutor. The support engineer at Aastra would not disclose the exacte feature but I will push today for that info. Thank-you for responding to my posts.

12. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

We cannot replicate this issue in-house.

Can someone please go to one of the problem phones and generate local.cfg, server.cfg, and the crash log and provide them.

Also point one of the problem phones to a syslog server and see whether the logging generated on the syslog server gives any pointers.

I have only seen this once in the past on a linksys phone where the large number of phones in the network, combined with high usage of BLF fields, and rapid re-registration timers (under 5 minutes) generated so many notifications to the phone that it could not cope, and crashed under the load.

Any feedback on this issue will be appreciated.

Regards

Kevin

13. NWTech

Hello,

We hve duplicated it over and over. We have submitted all of those files to Aastra. Here is aastra's response....

We could finally identify the main cause of the restarts. The source of the problem is because of RFC violation by your server.
    Based on RFC3262 page 65 we have:
    The registrar returns a 200 (OK) response. The response MUST
    contain Contact header field values enumerating all current
    bindings. Each Contact value MUST feature an "expires"
    parameter indicating its expiration interval chosen by the
    registrar.
    As per the RFC the “200 OK” response for registration MUST contain “Contact” header which was missed in the SIP message came from your server. Please communicate this with your service provider to have a fix.
    For your convenience I’ll close this ticket within 48 hours if I don’t hear back from you on this, while we will look into implementing a better way to handle this on our side rather than the phone being restarted.

This was not added until 2.3 firmware. It does not happen on 2.2.0.116. With this firmware we do not have access to webapps feature.

14. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Please provide me with a Wireshark Capture that includes the offending "OK" packet so I can accelerate this.

We will definitely look into this.

Thanks for the feedback, and Regards

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.