Hotdesking and TAPI / CRM Integration

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by fabiancrmaddon, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabiancrmaddon

Hello @all,

we´re currently having some issues with Hotdesking.
    I have tried snom 370 and 760 phones and yealink T41 phones which are all supported for hotdesking.
    Basically it works, I can log on and by pressing the first BLF key.
    So far so good but what happens if you add TAPI or CRM-Integration ?
    Well, in theory TAPI initiates the call, kinda, at least it sends the command. Anyways, Snom and Yealink phones try to access the "line" which is usually located at the first two BLF buttons. Since the first one now has another function, the new function gets called which means as soon as I initiate a call using TAPI I get logged off from the Hotdesking Phone.
    Is there someone out there having similar issues or having a solution for this ?

Best regards,
    Fabian

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello Fabian,

TAPI and the client side CRM integration modules work with 3CXPhone for Windows. When you make a call from TAPI, 3CXPhone will make the call using the extension it has configured. If you use the Multiline TAPI, it will use the extension you select when you configure it in your client app.

When 3CXPhone is in CTI mode to control your deskphone, it will instruct the phone to make the call using the extension it has configured. Maybe when you use hotdesking, you also need to change the user profile in the client PC, so it also loads 3CXPhone with the proper extension.

Kind regards.
    Ernesto.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fabiancrmaddon

Hi Ernesto,

unfortunately I have to disagree.
    In our environment Hotdesking does not work at all together with 3cx Phone for Windows.
    As already descriped, when initiating a call using 3cx Phone for Win the Snom and Yealink phones seem to use BLF 1 to select the line, per default. 3cx allocates the first BLF for "log off" so every time i initiate a call from 3cx Phone for Win, my phone gets logged off.

Best regards,
    Fabian Zimbalev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.